TrackIR software 5.0 beta 4 available

UgoRipley

Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 4 available

Post by UgoRipley »

[quote=snomhf]...I have tried multiple times to change (for example) "Combat Flight Simulator 3" from "Default Profile" to the "FlightCombat" profile that I created...[/quote]
Hi snomhf.
In the TITLES tab you can specify which default profile you want to associate with each one of the listed games...
Make sure you set FlightCombat for Combat Flight Simulator 3, that should fix it.
SauDepp

Post by SauDepp »

...does anybody else have problems with vista�s hibernate modus?

TrackIR stays online (led�s on) after reactivating the computer but camera doesn�t receive a thing (driver not recalled?).

Help appreciated ;)

Greetings
S@uDepp
snomhf

Post by snomhf »

[quote=UgoRipley]
In the TITLES tab you can specify which default profile you want to associate with each one of the listed games...
Make sure you set FlightCombat for Combat Flight Simulator 3, that should fix it. [/quote]

Hi Ripley,
Does this work for you? Are you using TIR5 hardware and Beta 4 software?

For me, when I do what you say, it works as long as I NEVER terminate the TIR5 software. When I start the program back up the profile I associated with the game has reverted back to the default profile (i.e. never got saved). That is THE problem. It's not a matter of not understanding how to map a profile to a game. You have misunderstood my question.

Thanks for trying to help. I am interested to hear if this works correctly for you. I suspect there may be something wrong on my end since this is such an obvious problem and I don't hear others complaining. I'm starting to think it may be some sort of write permissions problem on the ProfileMap.dat file.
UgoRipley

Post by UgoRipley »

I'm using TIR4 (HW) and TIR5 beta (SW) on WinXP.
Yes, it does work.
meditek

Post by meditek »

Some of these oddities may be explained by something that completely fooled me.

Trackir now installs in a directory naturalpoint/trackir5.

It used to be installed as Trackir/trackir5.

So unless you have deleted the latter there is a danger that pre-existing short cuts will take you to the wrong directory.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=snomhf][quote=UgoRipley]
Make sure you set FlightCombat for Combat Flight Simulator 3, that should fix it. [/quote]

Hi Ripley,
Does this work for you? Are you using TIR5 hardware and Beta 4 software?

For me, when I do what you say, it works as long as I NEVER terminate the TIR5 software. When I start the program back up the profile I associated with the game has reverted back to the default profile (i.e. never got saved). That is THE problem. It's not a matter of not understanding how to map a profile to a game. You have misunderstood my question.

Thanks for trying to help. I am interested to hear if this works correctly for you. I suspect there may be something wrong on my end since this is such an obvious problem and I don't hear others complaining. I'm starting to think it may be some sort of write permissions problem on the ProfileMap.dat file.[/quote]

Are you using Windows Vista?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=SauDepp]...does anybody else have problems with vista�s hibernate modus?

TrackIR stays online (led�s on) after reactivating the computer but camera doesn�t receive a thing (driver not recalled?).

Help appreciated ;)

Greetings
S@uDepp[/quote]

This could be caused by the USB ports not being fulled powered, when coming out of sleep\hibernation mode.

One thing to try, in the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.
snomhf

Post by snomhf »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]
Are you using Windows Vista?[/quote]

XP SP3

I deleted TIR4 via Add/Remove Programs then completely deleted the "\Program Files\Natural Point" tree before installing TIR5.

The program is able to save the "exclusive" checkbox setting and remembers the last profile I was editing so it is able to save at least some of the program state. It apparently cannot write to the ProfileMap.dat file. I looked at the permissions on the "TrackIR5" directory and see "read-only" is checked but it's grayed out. I tried to alter that but couldn't. Maybe that is the problem? I'll look into that some more.

Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Logged in as admin, of course.

Try installing the software, in a non-standard folder such a c:\naturalpoint\trackir5, or copy the TrckIR 5 folder there, and try running the application from the new folder location.
snomhf

Post by snomhf »

A bit of an "ah ha" moment:

I can successfully map the following games to profiles that I have created:

Aces High II --> AcesHigh.xml
Falcon 4.0: Allied Force --> FlightCombat.xml
Lock-On:Modern Air Combat --> FlightCombat.xml
Flight Simulator X --> FlightCombat.xml

For some reason this one will NOT map:

Combat Flight Simulator 3 --> OverFlandersFields.xml

No matter what I do, it continually reverts back to DefaultProfile.xml.

I thought at first that the OverFlandersFields.xml name was too long so I tried mapping it to AcesHigh.xml and it still reverted back to DefaultProfile.

There is something about that particular title that just will not map. I have plowed through ProfileMap.dat trying to determine which of those 316 entries it is but I can't make sense of the numbers in the first column. I don't even know if I'm on the right track with that.

At least my workaround of copying OverFlandersFields to DefaultProfile will allow me to function.