Jumping values for the Z axis

WebMaximus

Jumping values for the Z axis

Post by WebMaximus »

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my TIR 4 Pro. As the subject suggests the values for the Z axle are constantly jumping up and down even though I keep my head perfectly still - all other axles behave normally.

Since I built my new computer running Vista Ultimate 64-bit I haven't used my TIR until now and I chose to try the latest software 5.0 beta. Maybe this is a known issue in this beta version or could the problem be the fact that I'm running 64-bit Vista? I did get a message during the installation telling me there was some kind of issue with the driver I was to install and I had the option to continue despite this or cancel and obviously I chose to continue. I have also tried to adjust the values for the x axle myself in the software but no matter what I have tried the problem remains. I only use the TIR for FSX if that is of interest but guess not in this case since the problem is present also in the TIR software outside FSX.

I really want to start using my TIR again with my new computer so thanks alot in advance for your help how to fix this guys!

//Richard
Seth Steiling

Re: Jumping values for the Z axis

Post by Seth Steiling »

There is a known issue with instability on the Z axis that should be addressed in a new build, due out shortly. In the meantime, you can still use the 4.x software.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Managed to solve the problem by additionaly tweaking of the null-zone for the Z axis so you can disregard from my question above.

//Richard
Richard
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Like I just wrote I managed to "solve" the problem by adjusting the null zone for the z axis but if you are able to make it more stable by itself in a future build even better :-)

Thanks!

//Richard
Richard
bman2006

Post by bman2006 »

Looking forward to the update.... my Z drive me nuts :) Both in Beta 5 and 4 current.

Benjamin.
Morello

Post by Morello »

Any update on this issue? I have experienced this bug since upgrading to the version 5 beta software. Using version 4 doesn't seem to make any difference, except that the deadzone is bigger by default.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The Z jitter issue that we've been able to reproduce internally has been addressed. If you are still having issues with the most current beta, it's likely a different problem. To help track that down, details on your circumstances would be helpful:

What type of TrackClip you are using
What you see in the Camera View of the software (screenshots are helpful)
What game(s) you experience this in
What is behind you (in the camera's view)
What your light filter threshold and IR brightness levels are
What profile you are using

If you can capture the behavior in a video, that would be even more conclusive.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
GregP

Post by GregP »

Seth,

I have this exact same Z-jitter issue with my TrackIR3 Pro w/VE and the 4.1.037 software (waiting for 5.1 since I can't use 5.0 Beta 4). Is it possible this will be corrected in 5.1? And if so, any ETA on 5.1?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Greg,

5.0 was developed from scratch, so any common issue with 4.1.037 should be coincidental. We've fixed the Z axis jitter issue that we've been able to reproduce internally, but if there are additional problems in this area from a bug in the software, and we can isolate the cause, a fix will likely be put out in a patch to 5.0, not in 5.1.

I think 5.1 is going to be a ways out, though I don't have any approximation of when it will be released.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Fakum

Post by Fakum »

Ummm,,,, I have been banging my head on this as well,,,, just found this post,,,, it appears that even with the latest software, problem still exists regardless of whether or not the patch was built from scratch. For those who have resolved via curve setings,, can you please post a photo of your settings? I have failed so far. thanks