64 bit Drivers RELEASED!

d.burnette

64 bit Drivers RELEASED!

Post by d.burnette »

Does Natural Point plan on, or are they currently working on, software that will work on a Windows XP 64 bit platform?

I installed the RC2 evaulation version yesterday, and so far have not found a way to get the software to recognize the device is installed.

EDIT by Rick: I just wanted to post up top here that the first initial drivers have been released! I have a link below here for your convenience.

Version 4.1.027 - Public Beta

[ September 09, 2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Rick ]
Jim

Re: 64 bit Drivers RELEASED!

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We are not currently working on 64bit support. I believe that we will have some sort of update when it becomes a retail product, but we don't have any dates at this time.
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

We are not currently working on 64bit support. I believe that we will have some sort of update when it becomes a retail product, but we don't have any dates at this time.Hmm, well, I for one hope you do soon. MS has announced it will be released in April.
I would think it would be wise to do so, it is being released as an " OEM" product only, which means the big players like Dell of course will jump on that bandwagon quickly - and I would think you'll want your devices to work properly on those new oem machines as more people find out about and order the Track IR products.

I am dual booting now since it is still in evaluation, but I too will want to make the switch competely once the official oem release is out...

Thanks,

Don Burnette
brieder

Post by brieder »

quote:We are not currently working on 64bit support. I believe that we will have some sort of update when it becomes a retail product, but we don't have any dates at this time. Sorta strange, because it's not that hard. Porting up to the 64bit ddk sometimes only takes a day. An UNSUPPORTED 64bit drivers would be great. Otherwise, my TrackIR3 Pro will continue to be a paperweight.

-b.
Goodcop

Post by Goodcop »

I also would like to see 64-bit drivers soon, at least in the shape of an unsupported beta.

It's currently the only thing stopping me from installing a release candindate of XP x64, as tons of other hardware already has 64-bit drivers available.

[ March 30, 2005, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: GoodCop ]
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

We are not currently working on 64bit support. I believe that we will have some sort of update when it becomes a retail product, but we don't have any dates at this time.Jim,

Windows XP Pro64 has now officially be " Released to Manufacturing"... Undoubtedly it will start showing up soon in oem machines, and home builders such as myself that already have 64 bit systems will be migrating to it...

I would like to express my desire to see 64 bit support in the TIR3 software as soon as is feasible. I have been running RC2 of XP Pro64, and will want to migrate to the RTM version as soon as I can.
mire

Post by mire »

I would like to see 64bit drivers too, in any shape or form. Just throw us a bone and then take your time to get the drivers "official"

WinXPpro64 was released yesterday, btw.
pesty

Post by pesty »

quote:Originally posted by mire:
I would like to see 64bit drivers too, in any shape or form. Just throw us a bone and then take your time to get the drivers "official"

WinXPpro64 was released yesterday, btw.Major distributors such as HP and Dell are already shipping workstations with XP64. While currently these are inteneded for use as a buisness pc, home pc's won't be far behind. I find it very discouraging that no work on 64 bit drivers has even been started. Had I known this 2 weeks ago... I would have thought seriously about making my purchase in the first place. I can see my TrackIR becoming a very expensive paperweight.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Well X64 was released 30th of April so have you started working on it yet .

It�s a superior gaming OS that�s for sure. Also as of a side note people say they get TrackIr working in Richard Burns Rally but that game is not officially supported?
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Bump any news on the west front