64 bit Drivers RELEASED!

Wayne

Re: 64 bit Drivers RELEASED!

Post by Wayne »

Guys,

We are looking into the issue and will be doing some testing to determine the status of the drivers.
Sabot68

Post by Sabot68 »

Naturalpoint, with Microsoft now offering a 'free' upgrade to WinXP pro 64 for owners of WinXP Pro I think the take up of the 64bit OS will be quite high. I myself am considering it seeing that i have an athlon64 system that only has the 32bit version of XP pro. The only thing that is stopping me is I know my track ir will cease to function because you guys are not supporting the 64bit platform. Please develop 64bit drivers.....
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by Sabot68:
Naturalpoint, with Microsoft now offering a 'free' upgrade to WinXP pro 64 for owners of WinXP Pro I think the take up of the 64bit OS will be quite high. I myself am considering it seeing that i have an athlon64 system that only has the 32bit version of XP pro. The only thing that is stopping me is I know my track ir will cease to function because you guys are not supporting the 64bit platform. Please develop 64bit drivers.....Windows XP Pro64 oem is available now from online retailers.

Windows XP Pro64 oem, as of today, is also available to download as a 120 day trial version.

Here's to hoping that NP will develop working 64 bit drivers for the TIR3 Pro soon.
I have been running the rc2 release candidate in a dual boot with my 32 bit XP Pro, and really like it.
The only thing holding me back from running my flight sims on it is drivers for my Cougar and the TIR3... so yes, I am campaigning hard for this!
[Smile]
Hopefully soon, others will join in asking for this.

I also just ordered the Vector Expansion, holding faith that NP will eventually develop 64 bit drivers.
--------------------
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We will develop 64bit drivers, it is just a matter of time, but I can't tell you how long that will be as of today.
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

We will develop 64bit drivers, it is just a matter of time, but I can't tell you how long that will be as of today.Good deal, thanks for the info Jim.
terhi

Post by terhi »

Thankyou for promising to develop x64 drivers.

I have just bought the IR3 pro with Vector expansion and I (foolishly) assumed that a company as advanced as Naturalpoint would already have drivers out.

Now I can't even use the product!

Please add my name to the growing list of people requesting this A.S.A.P.

Dave Britzius
(Cape Town)
Gnasche

Post by Gnasche »

I just purchased a new system and installed an OEM CD of WinXP 64 on it. I am anxiously awaiting 64-bit support from NaturalPoint. For now, I can only use the TrackIR on my old (slow) system.
Goodcop

Post by Goodcop »

*bump*
make this a sticky (or rather a post-it on the screen of all NP developers)
jelliott

Post by jelliott »

i too am waiting on 64bit drivers.
James Hallows

Post by James Hallows »

quote:Originally posted by oqvist:
It�s a superior gaming OS that�s for sure. It is?

All the evidence I've read is that you will get superior performance in your current 32bit OS than in XP64.

Very few simmers will be rushing to jump on the X64 bandwagon IMHO.

Interesting comparison here for simmers: http://www.simhq.com/_technology/technology_043a.html

Another interesting and eye opening discussion is here for simmers: http://fighterops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1531

IMHO of course

James