GTR Evolution

PlaceboC6

GTR Evolution

Post by PlaceboC6 »

I have the STEAM version of GTR Evolution and a new TrackIR 5. Downloaded the latest version of the 5 beta software and I am running Windows 7 x64 RC.

Works great with Arma and Arma 2 but I can't seem to get it recognized in GTR Evolution or Race 07.

It only detects my keyboard and my Xbox 360 controller I have attached.
VincentG

Re: GTR Evolution

Post by VincentG »

Have you made sure you are running both applications at the same permission level?

Try right clicking on the exe for both, and select run as admin.
PlaceboC6

Post by PlaceboC6 »

Thank you for your reply.

Immediately after reading your post, I ran Track IR with admin credentials and then did the same with GTR Evolution.

When the game launched, the right light on the Track IR came on indicating to me that it detected the game software (I think).

Still didn't see Track IR listed as a controller so I fired up a quick race. Switched around the views until I got into the in car dashboard view. Then I was able to look around. So it's working.

I guess now I just wished the thing worked on the bumper cam because that cockpit view blinds me.

Thanks again
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately it only works in cockpit mode. You might be able to adjust the cockpit center mode, within the car config file, to place the seat outside of the car itself.
Gpruitt54

Post by Gpruitt54 »

Humm, So I don't need to change the permission levels? I've changed permission levels, but it seems that this is not a solution (right)?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The TrackIR , and the gaming application need to run on the same permission level, within the OS.
Gpruitt54

Post by Gpruitt54 »

OK, I'll check that. For some other trouble shooting issue, I changed the permission level of the TIR-5.

Thanks