Re: 64 bit Drivers RELEASED!

Post by JZG_Brauer »

Put me down as another one waiting for 64 bit drivers
terhi

Post by terhi »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

Thanks for the feedback. We will be doing a 64bit driver in the future, but I can't say when that will be exactly. We must have a whole new USB driver system for this to work, and there is no support from our chip suppliers on this at all, so we have to do the work. This is on our road map.How is the roadmap doing?
This is just a reminder that we are patiently waiting for those 64-bit drivers
My Track IR3 and Vector enhancement are sadly languishing in a cupboard - never been used - waiting... waiting...

[ June 30, 2005, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: terhi ]
Beast

Post by Beast »

Hello Jim,

How about an update for those of us trying to make the move to WinXP x64. Some of the guys here have been waiting 2 months for these drivers.

Personally, I am almost ready to fully switch over to x64, just waiting waiting waiting on TIR drivers.

As an owner since TIR1, then 2 now 3 Pro with Vector I got used to great service and rapid development. I kinda thought you guys would be all over this by now. I can't pretend I'm not a little disappointed.
Maikeru

Post by Maikeru »

Jim,
Could you please update the roadmap situation? TrackIR is the only device I'm waiting for in order to upgrade to XP-64.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

An update: We do have 64-bit support on our internal road map, done deal. We are always working hard on great new stuff for the community, we appreciate that you recognize this, customer service is #1 at NatualPoint. 64-bit is not a trivial thing to develop and test, as our product works at the driver level. We want to make sure we get it right, as you would expect, this takes time. So, please hold tight, we are aware that you need this support and we will make it happen. As far as a time frame goes, we can't be specific, (as you all know, software commitments are a dangerous thing!), it will come as soon as we can make it happen.
stefostef

Post by stefostef »

great news

thanks

PF runs fine in 64 bit and lockon 1.02 too

just waiting ED to adapt starforce 64 bit on flamming cliff and you the track-ir to adopt fully this OS
terhi

Post by terhi »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

An update: We do have 64-bit support on our internal road map, done deal. We are always working hard on great new stuff for the community, we appreciate that you recognize this, customer service is #1 at NatualPoint. 64-bit is not a trivial thing to develop and test, as our product works at the driver level. We want to make sure we get it right, as you would expect, this takes time. So, please hold tight, we are aware that you need this support and we will make it happen. As far as a time frame goes, we can't be specific, (as you all know, software commitments are a dangerous thing!), it will come as soon as we can make it happen.Thank you Jim,
We are waiting with baited breath ...
Please keep us informed of any further developments
das_Messer

Post by das_Messer »

Another TrackIR3 Pro & Vector Expansion owner hopping on the 64bit bandwagon.
Maikeru

Post by Maikeru »

Well, it's been a month since last update - any news on 64-bit support? Thanks guys.
brieder

Post by brieder »

Wish I'd know this before ordering the Vector Expansion. Add me to the list of people that would also like xp64 drivers. Btw, it's not THAT hard to port drivers to 64, I've done it. (So it can't be that hard.

-b.

[ August 18, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: brieder ]