TrackIR software 5.0 beta 4 available

snomhf

Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 4 available

Post by snomhf »

More strangeness.

Per previous post, my plan was to move the default.xml to outside the Profiles directory and then rename OverFlandersFields.xml to default.xml. When I did that, it suddenly started picking AcesHigh.xml to default to. i.e., when I set:

Combat Flight Simulator 3 --> default.xml

it would come back as

Combat Flight Simulator 3 --> AcesHigh.xml

It then started crashing every time I tried to start it so I had to reboot.

My next idea was that something could be wrong with the xml itself so I kept the first six lines of the original default.xml and deleted all lines between "..." leaving default.xml like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Profile>
  <Name>Default Profile</Name>
  <Description>Default Profile</Description>
  <ExclusiveLoad>0</ExclusiveLoad>
  <TrueViewEnabled>1</TrueViewEnabled>
I then copied the "..." lines from OverFlandersFields.xml to the shortened (to six lines) default.xml and the program started to work properly (i.e. beginning to recognize the default.xml file).

So.... that means there is something about the following code section that the program is rejecting. Funny thing is, it was TIR5 that created those lines! I certainly didn't add them with an editor or anything. How could it build xml that it cannot recognize?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Profile>
  <Name>OverFlandersFields</Name>
  <Description>Copy of Default Profile</Description>
  <ExclusiveLoad>0</ExclusiveLoad>
  <TrueViewEnabled>1</TrueViewEnabled>
I am emailing the OverFlandersFields.xml file to Seth as he requested the screenshots earlier. I'm reasonably certain that he will see the same problem trying to use this file.
SauDepp

Post by SauDepp »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent][quote=SauDepp]...does anybody else have problems with vista�s hibernate modus?

TrackIR stays online (led�s on) after reactivating the computer but camera doesn�t receive a thing (driver not recalled?).

Help appreciated ;)

Greetings
S@uDepp[/quote]

This could be caused by the USB ports not being fulled powered, when coming out of sleep\hibernation mode.

One thing to try, in the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices. [/quote]

All boxes were unchecked - but I had a look again ;)
Nevertheless the problem stays the same.....

Am I the only one having this issue?

Do none else running vista64 + SP2 have this problem?

Greets
S@uDepp
Loophole

Post by Loophole »

TrackIR 5 is definitely an excellent improvement - my congratulations to the development team. A Save button is definitely a good idea; users like to feel in control of things like that.

I just wanted to report a little quirk I noticed; it may be intentional, or it may be a mistake:

I have an asymmetrical profile for my Z-axis, with significantly more scaling of -Z (away) than +Z (towards) (because it is easier to lean forward than back in a chair. I am using Z axis to control my field-of-view in ArmA). What I have noticed is that if I turn, so that my in-game head is facing backwards, and then lean forwards, it uses the backward Z-Axis scaling, rather than the forward (as I would have expected). I.e. the Z-axis profile doesn't 'rotate' with my head in the way I expected it to. It still zooms 'in' when I lean forward, but at a much faster rate than when I lean forward 'unrotated'.

Perhaps this is simply the way it is supposed to work, but it caught me by surprise; I could not understand why my zoom seemed out of control if I turned my head; now I do understand.
snomhf

Post by snomhf »

[quote=Loophole]
What I have noticed is that if I turn, so that my in-game head is facing backwards, and then lean forwards, it uses the backward Z-Axis scaling, rather than the forward (as I would have expected).
[/quote]

That sounds like a "TrueView" issue. Do you have TrueView enabled?

TrueView is designed to make X,Y & Z movements look "right" while you're looking backward as you describe. Some games (e.g. Aces High II) have a "TrueView" option so that if it's turned on in the game AND turned on in the TIR software then it's OFF. [A little binary math there!] :)

Don't know if I'm reading you right there so forgive me if I'm not addressing your question properly.
-mark
Tvrdi

Post by Tvrdi »

Guys, I need your help. I have Trackir 4 pro and latest TrackIR software, Version 5.0 - Beta 04...But dunno how to load profiles from the games profiles preset list. I can only set one as favourite...but how to actually load one?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you talking about loading it, to edit the profile?

Then you just need to select it, in the drop down menu, Profiles tab, profiles.

If you are trying to load it for a specific game, you can either select the option of exclusicvely load, or select it in the games list, for the application you want to use it with, and the software will load that profile when it detects the gaming application.
codex

Post by codex »

Please check mouse emulation. Looks like it is broken in beta. I tried it with Battlefield 2 and got several crashes. Game just don't start. I tried it in different compatability modes without success. Previous version (4.1.037 - Final) works just fine.

Hardware:
TrackIR 5
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR
Processor: Intel� Core� 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Memory: 4Gb
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD4890
Mouse: Steelseries Ikari Optical
Joystick: Saitek X52 Pro

Software:
TrackIR 5.0.230 Build 5977;
TrackIR Mouse Emulation 4.1 Build 37
Driver 2.41.0.0

Error description: memory.dll: thread 12620 is deallocating main thread memory
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

Woul be great to quit the message
"� Note: TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added in version 5.1"

It is something like... well... you know.
James Hallows

Post by James Hallows »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth] A simple save button is on the roadmap, hopefully in time for next release.[/quote]

I'm also delighted to hear that a SAVE button is coming. One good reason for doing this is that if you tweak your profile, fly your sim and the sim crashes the machine, you lose all that work you put in on the profile.

As well, I'd also welcome removing the 180 limit ... that caught me out the other day.

All in all though, the new software is very good indeed. Hats off to the developers ... what an upgrade! ;)

Cheers

Nutty
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=James Hallows]As well, I'd also welcome removing the 180 limit ... that caught me out the other day.[/quote]
If you uncheck the "limit" checkbox, that should address it. If you'd like a limit, but want it to be something other than 180, you can either manually create it with the profile curves or edit the profile .xml limit value:

<Limit>180</Limit>
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack