How do I add a profile

pcal2008

How do I add a profile

Post by pcal2008 »

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to add tir profiles to a title? I have tried double clicking the title I want to add a profile to.... and the default profile is highlighted (on the right) but I can't seem to change from the default profile. I have tried right clicking - delete and re-name/ highlight and rename etc. How do you do it?

Thanks, Paul
Seth Steiling

Re: How do I add a profile

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Paul,

In the Titles tab, select the profile from the drop down menu to the right of the game you want to map it to. Click the down arrow button to expose the drop down menu.

[img:left]http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/sup ... lemgmt.gif[/img]
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
pcal2008

Post by pcal2008 »

Oh - Okay - I had it set to exclusive!.... Thanks
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

On the subject of assigning profiles. I have basically three profiles for three applications
1: iRacing for er...iRacing
2: rFactor for...I can't bear it, rFactor
3: nKP
The first two work fine, the nKP doesn't. When I start netKar PRO the default profile is assigned. I have to alt-tab out, select the correct profile and go back in.
Anyone else noticed this?
You'd think that one driving profile would suit all but it doesn't, not for me at least.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Have you tried mapping a different profile to NKP to see if a different profile will stick?

Alternately, have you tried using the NKP profile with another game, to see if it will stick?

If something is going wrong, it's likely either the profile or the game list file. Isolating where the problem is located will help our dev team investigate this.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

I'll have a play. brb
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

I've had a play and this is what I've found. NKP will not accept any profile other than default. Unless the nkp profile is an exclusive load. This leads me to think that TIR5 is looking in the wrong place maybe. I have C:/GAMES/all my games so TIR5 can find iRacing and rFactor OK. :confused:

EDIT: Yes the nkp profile loads with other games
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

My best guess is that 5.04 hasn't updated netKarPRO to v1.0.3. I think it's still looking for the nks.exe as it was in v1.0.2 where it was in it's own directory. The nks.exe is now it the root directory. I got $10 on it. :D
Last edited by Doorman on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:07 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Bad grammar
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

That doesn't effect the profile, or how it loads for a specific application.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]That doesn't effect the profile, or how it loads for a specific application. [/quote]
So how does it know when netKarPRO is being played and when to load nKP profile? The profile isn't being affected but it doesn't load UNLESS it's an exclusive load.