Profile Management

Bingo41

Profile Management

Post by Bingo41 »

Profile management doesn't seem to be very friendly.

Instead of seeing all the little "data points" I have been able to drag up or down with my mouse in the past using TrackIR version 4.0 software to customizing the motion in each axis, all I get with version 5.0 is a display showing 15 to 39 (deg/deg) with no "data points."

Using the little up/down green arrows seems to bring them up so they are visable, but why is the scale so large, and why don't these data points just appear when you select one of the 6 axies? You shouldn't have to scroll up/down to find them?

Bill
VincentG

Re: Profile Management

Post by VincentG »

You can zoom in on any area on the graph by hovering over it with your mouse pointer and using the scroll wheel to move in and out.
Bingo41

Post by Bingo41 »

Hi,

I'm really confused about how to shape the profile curves.......unlike the 4.x profiles, I can't even find the "curves" with the little "dots" you used to be able to "drag and drop" in 4.x as the Beta 5.0b version of software doesn't appear to have this capability. No matter how much I scroll the mouse wheel, the curves/dots never appear........just a graph with a grid and scale numbers.

So has this part of the user interface completely changed since the introduction of Beta 5.0b?

I could be wrong, but this new way is not very intuitive.....so I'm just confused as I can't set how many degrees the virtual head will turn in the pitch and roll direction, nor the shape of the curve for a combat sim.

Bingo41
Barred

Post by Barred »

Bingo when opened (for the first time) the Advanced Settings where the curves are edited starts off collapsed. You need to click on the arrow, once done the points are expanded so that you can edit curves or indevidual points. Just like you could in past versions.

Good Luck.
Bingo41

Post by Bingo41 »

Barred,

I had already performed this step.....the problem is is that all I see is a graph on the far left bottom side that has tic marks with numbers starting at 15 running to 39, with a description that says "Rotating Speed (degs/deg)." There are no curves that have little black symbols that can be dragged with the mouse to change the shape of the curve and TIR response.

Bingo
Barred

Post by Barred »

Sorry Bingo I had to ask I nearly made that error the first time I fired up 5.04.

This is what I have :-

which is why I asked. I take it for illimination purpouses that you have uninstalled and removed the NaturalPoint folder and conected your camera to a different USB port (to force the driver to be reinstalled by your pc) and the latest version (5 5.05 Beta) running.

I forgot to add I use a linea profile.
Last edited by Barred on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:53 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: more info.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Bingo41]Hi,

I'm really confused about how to shape the profile curves.......unlike the 4.x profiles, I can't even find the "curves" with the little "dots" you used to be able to "drag and drop" in 4.x as the Beta 5.0b version of software doesn't appear to have this capability. No matter how much I scroll the mouse wheel, the curves/dots never appear........just a graph with a grid and scale numbers.

So has this part of the user interface completely changed since the introduction of Beta 5.0b?

I could be wrong, but this new way is not very intuitive.....so I'm just confused as I can't set how many degrees the virtual head will turn in the pitch and roll direction, nor the shape of the curve for a combat sim.

Bingo41 [/quote]
The points/curve should be readily visible when you first open the software. I'm wondering if the profile xml was corrupted upon install. You might want to fully uninstall the software and then reinstall in a different location. Then, open the software, and look at the graph with the Default profile open. If you still can't see the control points (there should be numerous) or the curve, please take a screen shot of what you do see, and post it. If, by scrolling excessively, you do distort the scale of the graph, you can press the scroll button down to reset the zoom on the graph to the default scale.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Bingo41

Post by Bingo41 »

Seth,

I can do that, but if I uninstall and reboot, delete all the NaturalPoint folders, don't save any profiles, then re-install the SW, isn't that the same thing?

Bingo41
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

You should also re-download the 5.0 installer, just to be sure that nothing got corrupted in the previous d/l and install.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Bingo41

Post by Bingo41 »

I'm still having problems as I get the same results with "5.0b final" version. I also tried a different location to install as well as a different USB port. I just don't get the data points to appear, unless I click the little up/down green arrows, but that changes the rotation speed.

So do I need to go into the registry or windows file locations to clear this up?

I would have attached an image, but I don't know how as I didn't see the File Manager you mention in your FAQ - see below:

When creating a new thread or response, you'll see a "File Manager" link on the "Full Reply" or "New Post" page. When selecting this option you'll receive a popup which will allow you to attach files to your post.

Steps:
1. Click "File Manager" to bring up the "Attachment" window.
2. Click "Browse" to bring up the file browser window; this will allow you to browse your computer for any files or images you wish to upload; please note that you're bound by whatever the "allowed file type" setting is for the board.
3. Click "open" on the file you wish to upload.
4. Enter a description of what the file is (if you want to).
5. Click "add file" to add another file, or "done" to close the window and complete your posting.

Please note that you must enter some text in both the "subject" and "post" fields when responding otherwise you will receive an error; you cannot just respond with an attachment ;).