TrackIR software 5.0 beta 5b available

Seth Steiling

TrackIR software 5.0 beta 5b available

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hello,

Beta 5b of the TrackIR 5.0 software is now available for download. We appreciate continued community feedback and look forward to hearing more.

Download link :
http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... a.05.b.exe

Visit the download section for more information :
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html

Change List:
- Fixed game connection issue
- Updated documentation
- Added user defined rotation limits
- Added profile curve templates
- Added profile save button
- Fixed 3D view startup issues
- Fixed cleartype font issues
- Fixed profile assignment for some titles
- Increased light filtering limit
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
super80

Re: TrackIR software 5.0 beta 5b available

Post by super80 »

Hi,
I recently purchased the TrackIR 5 and have not been able to get any stable use with the version 5 software. I downloaded 5b and still the same thing. Essentially, the trackir doesn't hold it's center reference point and eventually goes haywire when I try and look from left or right or up/down. It ends up facing backwards or down and I have to constantly hit f12 to re-center. After a while even hitting f12 doesn't help. Having used previous versions of the hardware/software, I attributed this to light bleed/reflections in the room. I tried increasing the light filter threshold in 5b and it doesn't get stable until the sun goes down(low light). What's weird is that version 4 software is way more tolerant of the external light from my window.

I am using fs10(sp2) on vista home 32 sp1.
Intel Core 2 6700 @2.66 Ghz
4 GB ram

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vic
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Can you post a screen shot of the Camera View within the 5.0 software when the tracking isn't stable?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
super80

Post by super80 »

Hi,

The sun is almost down and it is dark in the room so 5b is behaving for the moment. I will try tomorrow to send a screenshot.

Also, the 5b software lost it's f12-center 'hot key' mapping during mid flight. (this happened earlier today). After a few minutes I couldn't seem to center the camera using f12, so I paused the sim and checked the trackir software. I basically had to remap the f12 for "center".

Many thanks,
Vic
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=super80]Hi,

The sun is almost down and it is dark in the room so 5b is behaving for the moment. I will try tomorrow to send a screenshot.

Also, the 5b software lost it's f12-center 'hot key' mapping during mid flight. (this happened earlier today). After a few minutes I couldn't seem to center the camera using f12, so I paused the sim and checked the trackir software. I basically had to remap the f12 for "center".

Many thanks,
Vic [/quote]
Just the fact that it behaves during low-light settings, but is unstable during the day, indicates that there is too much sunlight visible to the camera. You'll probably need to either cover the window during the day or move the TrackIR camera so it can't see that window (using the Camera View for reference).

When the center hotkey lost its keymapping, what was it set to when you went back into the software to fix it?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
super80

Post by super80 »

Thanks. Like I said though, the version 4 software doesn't mind the light so much. :grin: There is a very noticeable difference between the latest version of 4 and 5b. Also, my camera is not facing the window at all and the room has very little light to begin with. Very strange...

As far as the hotkey, the center function wasn't set to anything when I went back to fix it. At least it didn't specify anything. If that happens again I will def take a screen shot.

BTW, I want to say TrackIr is a wonderful product which I enjoy immensely. Thanks!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=super80]Thanks. Like I said though, the version 4 software doesn't mind the light so much. :grin: There is a very noticeable difference between the latest version of 4 and 5b. Also, my camera is not facing the window at all and the room has very little light to begin with. Very strange...
[/quote]
Hmmm... I'll be interested in seeing that screen shot, then. In actuality, the 5.0 software is far better at light filtering. It's exactly the same as the 4.x light filtering, except that we've added a trajectorization technology that can weed out stationary light sources in the periphery of the camera's vision. So, there's definitely something askew if it's behaving worse than you've experience with 4 hardware or software. All things being equal, TrackIR 5 hw/sw will win out in light filtering. Hopefully a screen shot will shed some light on what's going wrong.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
GoNz0

Post by GoNz0 »

i still have issues where the ir unit stops and i have to reload the software or swap USB ports, software v4 used to work fine.
SauDepp

Post by SauDepp »

...new version works flawless so far....

Greets
S@uDepp
super80

Post by super80 »

I managed to grab a screenshot, can you give me an email address where I can send it?