Center View and Pause problems with Beta 5.0 ver 4

MAILMAN

Center View and Pause problems with Beta 5.0 ver 4

Post by MAILMAN »

I have a CH Fighter Stick USB, CH Pro Throttle USB & CH Pro Pedals USB. I have the center view for TrackIr mapped to the number 3 button on the fighter stick and the pause mapped to the number 1 button on the pro throttle.

This worked perfectly in the final 4.37 version and those previous, but in the the Beta 5.0 ver. 4 the pause is mapped to both the number 1 button on the pro throttle and the number 1 button on the fighter stick. Also in Beta 5.0 ver. 4 the center view is mapped to both the number 3 button on the fighter stick and the number three button on the pro throttle. No matter what I do I cannot change this mapping. The whole point was to keep from using the keyboard and keeping each of these two functions on seperate devices to keep from accidently depressing the wrong one. Nothing worse than pulling the trigger and having your view freeze as you overshoot and look to keep the target in sight.

Seems that this new software does not recognize different joysticks like the previous versions of the software.
-)-MAILMAN-
VincentG

Re: Center View and Pause problems with Beta 5.0 ver 4

Post by VincentG »

What version of Windows are you using?

What does the TrackIR software showe the hotkey options set to?
MAILMAN

Post by MAILMAN »

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 32Bit Service Pack 3

Pause: Joystick1
Center: Joystick3

Problem is that I have the Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals as one device with 8 axis assignments and seperate CM devices for the button assignments. So both the Fighterstick and the Pro Throttle each have a Joystick Button 1 and Joystick Button 3. This setup worked and still works with the TrackIr 4 software version 37
-)-MAILMAN-
MAILMAN

Post by MAILMAN »

Edit of previous reply:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 32Bit Service Pack 3

Pause: Joystick1 on CH Pro Throttle
Center: Joystick3 on CH Fighter Stick

Problem is that I have the Fighter Stick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals as one device with 8 axis assignments and seperate CM devices for the button assignments. So both the Fighterstick and the Pro Throttle each have a Joystick Button 1 and Joystick Button 3. This setup worked and still works with the TrackIr 4 software version 37, but does not work correctly with the latest Beta TrackIr 5 software.
-)-MAILMAN-
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

And do they show up in the TrackIR 4 software the same way?
MAILMAN

Post by MAILMAN »

Not sure what you mean?

In TrackIR Version 4.1 Build 37 the hot keys show up as:

Pause: Joystick1 - Which is on the CH Pro Throttle
Center: Joystick3 - Which is on the CH Fighter Stick

I only have three profiles that I created and I assigned these buttons to the same hot key functions in each one. With this build only the Joystick3 on the CH Pro Throttle pauses the TrackIr and only the Joystick1 on the CH Fighter Stick centers the view.

When I do the same with TrackIr 5 beta 4.0 software. With this build both the Joystick3 on the CH Pro Throttle and the Joystick3 on the CH Fighter Stick pauses the TrackIr & both the Joystick1 on the CH Fighter Stick and the Joystick1 on the CH Pro Throttle centers the view.

This happened in both Aces High 2 and IL2 Sturmovik 1946.

I hope this answers your question.
-)-MAILMAN-
MAILMAN

Post by MAILMAN »

Is there a fix for the problem where the hot key that you assign to one input device button is mirrored on to a second input device when you have a multiple stick set up?
-)-MAILMAN-
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

And regardless of of which button you use to set it, within the beta 5 software it detects it as the same key?
MAILMAN

Post by MAILMAN »

That is correct sir.

Pause: Joystick1 - Which is on the CH Pro Throttle
Center: Joystick3 - Which is on the CH Fighter Stick

I set them with the above listed buttons. Then when in the game I get the below behavior.

When I pull the trigger on the CH Fighter Stick (Joystick1)it performs the same hot key function as on the CH Pro Throttle (Joystick1) which is pause. When I depress the button I mapped for dive brakes on the Pro Throttle (Joystick3) it performs the same hot key function as the CH Fighter Stick (Joystick3) which is center.

So I have reverted to using TrackIR Version 4.1 Build 37 which does not have this issue.

Thanks for continuing to research this Issue.
-)-MAILMAN-
MAILMAN

Post by MAILMAN »

Any change in status of this problem? :(
-)-MAILMAN-