Track Point acc

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
Magnum

Track Point acc

Post by Magnum »

I have an older Track IR 4 I believe and have used for flight sims. However, I suffer from RSI in the wrists as well as having a C5-C6 fusion with constant pain. I am a game developer and programmer and refuse to give up yet.

I recently stumbled onto SmartNav when someone asked me if I had looked into alternative solutions for a mouse and I thought of the TrackIR.

My question is I can see that the SmartNav can be used as a TrackIR in games, but can you use any of the TrackIR accessories like the trackClipPro or are you confined to the white dots as seen on the pages.

Perhaps the SmartNav and some sort of voice software can speed me back up where I was a few years ago.
VincentG

Re: Track Point acc

Post by VincentG »

You can use the TrackClip/YtackClip Pro with the TrackIR software. The SmartNAV software itself does not have support for 3 dot tracking, so wouldn't be able to use the TrackClip/TrackClip Pro in the SmartNAV software.
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Vincent..

Thanks.. I guess my next question are.

1) Can I load the software on multiple computers and transfer the unit instead of buying like 3-4 for all my computers:) I am thinking if my doc won't write a script for it, I may buy one and just take to work and use at home if within the ELUA.

2) Can the TrackIR and SmartNav co-exist on the same machine? As a game developer I would want the TrackIR to test for gamming, but use the SmartNav for programming and daily use.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

1 - Yep, you can have the software installed on as many PCs as you wish.

2 - Yep, You can't run them at the same time, but you can have them installed together just fine.