no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Eckhart

no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Post by Eckhart »

It happened again....the final version of TrackIR5 creates a conflict with Il2-1946. Basically, it blocks the antialiasing function of my videocards (2x8800 GT in SLI config). Happened before with one of the beta versions...as a footnote I use the last Nvidia driver in Windows XP sp3....

At this point, I gave up and switched back to TrackIR4 which works fine with my setting...wonder why I bought the TrackIR5?
Eckhart

Re: no antialiasing with Il2-1946

Post by Eckhart »

Just found out that Oatway has probably the same problem:TrackIR 5 Software Overriding Nvidia Control Panel....

My guess is that the TrackIR5 soft is considered as a 3D program by the Nvidia panel. As there is no specific setting for TrackIR5 the Control panel applies its global settings ...without antialiasing.. should be easy to test and replicate...and perhaps modify TrackIR5 accordingly...
Jay_Oatway

Post by Jay_Oatway »

Good to see I am not the only one! Read your previous post about the Beta version and hope this can be modified and worked out as you mentioned. Happens with WW2OL and R.O.F. with me.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you running the TrackIR software minimized?
Jay_Oatway

Post by Jay_Oatway »

Ran it both maximized and minimized same result.
Eckhart

Post by Eckhart »

A solution I found is to define TrackIR5 as a 3D application in the Nvidia control panel. If you apply exactly the same configuration as for the game you want to use (e.g. IL2-1946 for me) than you get the antialiasing function back to where you want it (and not the ugly default application setting).

The drawback is that you have to change everything manually every time you want to use another game like R.O.F. which naturally doesn't have the same video setting as the one you used before.

This confirms my guess that the Nvidia driver considers the TrackIR5 software as a 3D application and acts accordingly (back to the default setting if no specific setting is defined for TrackIR5).

I guess this directs you towards a solution to this problem which is really annoying.

Regards,

Eckhart
Jay_Oatway

Post by Jay_Oatway »

Will definitely try that solution out thanks for the idea. Would still love some feedback if Natural Point is going to look into this though. Wierd how just so few people like us posted about this. Perhaps it is certain drivers or cards. Otherwise one would think everyone would be having the same problem.
Eckhart

Post by Eckhart »

guess that some of those who are not complaining need glasses ;-)

They are perhaps happy about the sudden gain in FPS and don't realize that they went back to Nvidia default...

I have 8800 GT videocards in an SLI config under Windows XP SP3 and Nvidia's latest driver(190.38)
Rodia

Post by Rodia »

The same is happening to me: I have no AA in Il2-1946, but in my case making a profile for Trackir in the Nvidia panel did not work.

I wonder if the same happens in R-Factor (another game with no AA ingame). I might try it tomorrow.

Need a solution here!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you looked at setting the AA level within the gaming application itself?