Beta 5 Crash on startup

ix07

Beta 5 Crash on startup

Post by ix07 »

Hi.

The newest Beta still crashes on startup for me. Any hope for a fix?

Thanks.

Best Regards
ix
JuMo

Re: Beta 5 Crash on startup

Post by JuMo »

Same here, but I got beta5 to work by setting it to NT4 compatibility mode. Right click on the application link icon -> properties -> compatibility. Not a fix and not guaranteed to work, but it has helped some, so it might be worth a try if you haven't yet.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
ix07

Post by ix07 »

Uhm. That thread is about a different problem - isn't it? I'm talking about a crash when trying to run the program - not that some games don't work (although I got that problem, too the one time the software actually worked). I had the crash problem in the last beta, too.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Ix07]Uhm. That thread is about a different problem - isn't it? [/quote]
Point being that, even if you get beta 05 to start running, it currently won't connect to games. So, you're probably better off not spending too much time getting it to run, until we've released a hotfix for beta 05 (soon).
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
ix07

Post by ix07 »

Ok. Then I will spend my time trying to get it to run, when you have fixed the other problem. Sounds reasonable :)
JuMo

Post by JuMo »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth][quote=Ix07]Uhm. That thread is about a different problem - isn't it? [/quote]
Point being that, even if you get beta 05 to start running, it currently won't connect to games. [...]. [/quote]

Ouch, you're right, just checked in IL-2 6DOF. What's funny though: I installed beta5 on 07/26, got it running in compatibility mode, and spent quite a few hours flying around in IL-2, I was soo happy to get V5 running after weeks. V5B5 did connect to the game at that time, everything *just worked*.

Now it doesnt connect anymore. I did not change anything since I last ran the game. Why did it work before and now it doesnt with nothing changed? This is eerie...
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=JuMo]...Now it doesnt connect anymore. I did not change anything since I last ran the game. Why did it work before and now it doesnt with nothing changed? This is eerie... [/quote]
I'm not sure how it could have worked, considering that we know that component was broken. Weird idea, troubleshooting something that's working when it shouldn't. Kinda backwards. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MrPatton

Post by MrPatton »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth][quote=JuMo]...Now it doesnt connect anymore. I did not change anything since I last ran the game. Why did it work before and now it doesnt with nothing changed? This is eerie... [/quote]
I'm not sure how it could have worked, considering that we know that component was broken. Weird idea, troubleshooting something that's working when it shouldn't. Kinda backwards. :) [/quote]

Same problem here, few days back trackir 5v worked.
I played arma2for an hour, next day i wanted to play some more but "no dice"

never worked again sinds, craches on startup.
installed version 4 but thats all over the place and does not work with my trackir 5.

could someone help me out her cause im gonna freak tf out over here :crazy:
MrPatton

Post by MrPatton »

Found the solution for the software launch problem.

-rightclick shortcut
-select properties
-select Compatibility Tab
-check the "Disable desktop composition" box

Done, you are good to go.
Cheers