Titles list not saved

dutchpilot

Titles list not saved

Post by dutchpilot »

I have made some changes to the "titles" list in the TrackIr software, but when I look at it next time I have started my PC everything is set back to the default settings. Do I need to do something extra to save this list? I am using a TrackIr5 with 5.0.300 (buld 6225) software under XP.
VincentG

Re: Titles list not saved

Post by VincentG »

What changes are you making?

Are you closing the TrackIR software, before rebooting the PC?

Logged onto the system as an admin?
dutchpilot

Post by dutchpilot »

To answer your questions:
- I changed profiles to use for some of the programs listed
- it might be I did not close the software before rebooting. Is that required?
- yes, I am logged in as an administrator
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It may not properly save the settings, if the software itself doesn't close properly.
jmy

Post by jmy »

This has happened also to me several times. At least in my case the root cause for this issue has been always some duplicate application entries (lines with same application id) in ProfileMap.dat file in the TrackIR installation folder.

I don't know what is causing those duplicate entries to appear there once in a while (and it should be easy for NaturalPoint to add a check for this in the software) but when it does happen it's quite easy to fix manually:
1) shutdown TrackIR software,
2) open ProfileMap.dat in some text editor and
3) search for any lines that have identical number in the beginning of the line and
4) delete any extra lines so that each (application id) number appears only once in the file

After saving the file and restarting the TrackIR software I have been able to again change the profile for that problematic application in TrackIR application UI.