Mechwarrior

cdjung1

Mechwarrior

Post by cdjung1 »

Has anyone managed to use the TRACKIR for any of the Mechwarrior series? It seems like a good candidate for a retrofit for Trackir functionality.
Barred

Re: Mechwarrior

Post by Barred »

I have tried it with MW and I have mixed feelings. I used the mouse look app that is with the latest software and it was great for looking around, but the fine aming that you have to do with your head was a real pain in the neck and not very precisie to be honest.

I agree though it really does add to the game but the fine aiming needed with TIR really detracts at the moment.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Still, getting TrackIR integrated into a MW game has been on our rader for at least 2 years. It's just been low priority due to the age of those game.

If you would like to suggest any leads (especially in the MW mod community), please let me know (by emailing, posting here, or posting in our "gaming general" forum).

thanks!
Shadowcat

Post by Shadowcat »

quote:If you would like to suggest any leadsRegarding the classic Mechwarrior 2, if I could direct your attention to this thread for a moment, there is scope there for supporting not only MW2, Ghost Bear's Legacy, Mercenaries, and Heavy Gear, but a vast array of other games that supported VR headsets back in their heyday.

I don't know what kind of issues would arise (I'm thinking display could potentially be difficult), but if you could make the TrackIR pretend to be one of those headsets then you would gain immediate support for a great number of classic titles. Not many people ever owned the full VR gear due to its expense, but I'm convinced the prospect of getting to re-experience some of these classic titles in that way via the relative inexpense of a TrackIR unit would definitely garner some sales!

Check out the VFX1 supported game list here:
http://www.mindflux.com.au/products/iis/vfx1soft.html
kahulbane

Post by kahulbane »

With the growth of the MW4 community and all the leags getting started, or growing, this would still be a great addon.

ISW(inner Sphier Wars) is starting to roll, which uses mech 4 with permision from Microshaft.

I am still looking for a way to get it to work myself, and ATM serching the forum, so dont flame if it is here... =-]
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Cool,
I have forwarded the information in that aged thread to our developers to ressurect the push.