TrackIR5 NOT closing down

coder01024

Re: TrackIR5 NOT closing down

Post by coder01024 »

I finally unplugged the camera, uninstalled the SW, rebooted, then installed the TrackIR4 SW instead (I have TrackIR5 HW but I see the v4 SW supports 5 as well) and plugged the camera back in.

Now it seems to start up and shut down cleanly with the v4 software and doesn't get in these wierd states like with the v5 software.

Also I tried both the direct USB ports on the back of the computer and an external USB HUB and had problems with both.
wckbones

Post by wckbones »

I think I may have figured mine out. I'm using windows 7 and it puts the trackir icon into a seperate little window on the right side of the start bar after opening a game. If I try and close it from there, error. If I right click on it and choose Maximize to Tray, then exit, it seems to exit fine.

Just wanted to give a heads up.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Thanks for the feedback
wckbones

Post by wckbones »

Perhaps I spoke to soon, it seems to shut down correctly a little more consistantly but still having the same/similar issues. It seems that if it has to get shut down via the control panel, it'll work the next time error upon shutting it down, and only a computer restart makes it happy at that stage.
Raggz

Post by Raggz »

I have this problem to. Trackir doesn't shut down when closing games. 4 red lights stays on. I use Windows 7 Ultimate directly hooked up to USB on mobo. USB powersavings are off on all units.
This is trackir 4 Vector with TIR SW 5.xx

I also have another problem. In arma 2 it's vobling...like being out on sea. Should i revert to TIR 4 SW?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

vobling?
AliGod78

Post by AliGod78 »

Finally decided to check out the forums on this problem. Getting the same thing here. Bone's, did you get this resoved at all? I seem to have had this same problem on my previous computer, same hardward/software as on my new system. Different OS, XP to Win7x64. On occasion, TrackIR will shut down fine, but most of the time it sticks on Shutting Down Clients, and I have to crash out and disconnect the IR device. Tried all ports, all are USB2, login for my user account is admin, and have clean reinstalled. Anyone have any other suggestions I can try please? Not a massive problem, just a PITA... Thanks, Al.

[quote=Bones]Perhaps I spoke to soon, it seems to shut down correctly a little more consistantly but still having the same/similar issues. It seems that if it has to get shut down via the control panel, it'll work the next time error upon shutting it down, and only a computer restart makes it happy at that stage. [/quote]