Red Orchesta: Heroes of Stalingrad

rammjaeger

Red Orchesta: Heroes of Stalingrad

Post by rammjaeger »

Hi everyone, I'm one of the developers on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad (http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com) and we're looking at putting TrackIR support in the game. I just wanted to see if any of the TrackIR users/fans have any ideas/suggestions on how you'd like to see the TrackIR used in the game.

Thanks,

John Gibson
President
Tripwire Interactive LLC
Morello

Re: Red Orchesta: Heroes of Stalingrad

Post by Morello »

Hi John / Ramm,

Personally I would love leaning and peeking over objects - especially peeking over objects, and ducking. Whether or not it would be too difficult to implement incremental leaning or peeking for non-TrackIR users I don't know, but it would be nice to run towards an objective ducking under gunfire, then when you get there poke your head above sandbags, or lean around and forward to look around the corner of a wall. Aside from that, just being able to look around as usual with TrackIR games would be appreciated on its own.
SgtH3nry3

Post by SgtH3nry3 »

I'd love leaning, aswell as peeking over objects.
The best solution in my opinion would be the same as in the ArmA series, which is pure freelook.
I don't know how the game would work with both freelook and freeaim combined, but I do know that TrackIR support is very welcome.

In the past I used to have a TrackIR 3 non-Pro, but I kind of broke it by tripping over it's wire while it was stuck between my desk and the wall. :/
With the addition of TrackIR support I'd definately consider buying the new TrackIR 5.
Morello

Post by Morello »

The other thing that would be cool would be to lift your eyes above the sight when in iron sight mode, to give youa bit more visibility, and then when you sight your target, just drop your view back down to align your eyes back with the iron sights.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Welcome, John, and thanks for stopping by to field suggestions. Very cool! We've seen some fantastic TrackIR integration in FPS games so far, but I think there's definitely room to take it even further. Hopefully the community will chime in with their thoughts. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
LukeFF

Post by LukeFF »

The same type of head movement system as seen in the ArmA games would be best IMO, along with Morello's excellent suggestion to look above the weapon's sights when in ironsight mode.
rammjaeger

Post by rammjaeger »

Thanks for the feedback guys, and keep those suggestions coming.
ProfFarnsworth

Post by ProfFarnsworth »

Maybe some better visual cues to indicate where your head is pointing with respect to your body? In Arma, if you can't see your gun it can be a bit disorientating, flight sims usually don't have this problem because they have cockpit and glass reflections. The cues could take the form of faint HUD markers or discoloration applied to the scene for greater head angles.
ultraZ

Post by ultraZ »

Well Ii agree with the ARMA rout, pop up like Morg said, would be nice if could be a standard game feature. As long as you are more exposed for raising your head.

As far as visual cues if you could see your arms right and left when free looking, it should be enough to not get visually disoriented, if they are not looking up.
Ghad

Post by Ghad »

Arma 2 have a very nice implementation of TrackIr imo.

I would love to have the possibility of looking around while being deployed with a mg or other weapon, and also raising my head above the weapon to be able to spot enemies more efficiently.

TrackIR support in RO-HOS is much wanted from this RO mod and RO-O player atleast!