Selected profiles not kept

Doorman

Selected profiles not kept

Post by Doorman »

TrackIR4 running v5_Final b software, Windows 7 64bit (these complaints were relevant to XP as well.
1: netKar PRO is not recognised by the software. However, when I run nKP TIR thinks that Lock 0n flight sim is running. No, I do not have, or have ever had Lock on installed. Now I can live with that, I simply allot nKP profile to Lock on, this works.
2: I have three sims with which I use TIR each has it's own allocated profile My biggest gripe is that the software does not keep these allocations. Every time I start my pc the allocation revert to 'default' TIR starts on startup.
I hope I've been clear. Cheers.
VincentG

Re: Selected profiles not kept

Post by VincentG »

OK, the software is going to be at the default profile, until a gaming application is loaded, it will then load the profile associated with that gaming application.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]OK, the software is going to be at the default profile, until a gaming application is loaded, it will then load the profile associated with that gaming application. [/quote]

I must have been mistaken then. Sorry
JoKeR

Post by JoKeR »

[quote=Doorman]1: netKar PRO is not recognised by the software. However, when I run nKP TIR thinks that Lock 0n flight sim is running. No, I do not have, or have ever had Lock on installed. Now I can live with that, I simply allot nKP profile to Lock on, this works.
[/quote]

I have the same issue here. The problem is that I have Lock On installed, and of course I use a different profile for it, not suitable to racing games. I think that somehow the ID of LockOn got used for NetKar PRO, I don't know if this is Kuno's (maker of NetKar PRO) fault or Natural Point's mistake when doing the profile...

I'm currently running TrackIR 5 v5.1 Beta (I was running the 5.0 final before with same issues). Was hoping that the beta had a cure for it.

Thanks
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi JoKeR,

Kuno did indeed use the wrong ID when integrating TrackIR, which is the cause of this issue. We've sent them several emails over the years regarding this, but I suspect they are no longer developing on the software, as they haven't made a change.

We're working on a way to circumvent this on our end. I think that a fix should be available in our next beta build for the 5.1 software.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack