Better background light source filtering

Peccator

Better background light source filtering

Post by Peccator »

When using the vector expansion clip, it seems like better filtering should be possible.

It seems like it would be possible for the software to figure out that a light fixture wasn't part of the vector clip because it wasn't part of the triangle of the dots that the vector clip shows up as to the camera. I realize that this triangle isn't fixed (it grows, shrinks, and moves as the head is moved around) and much time could be spent on algorithms to this effect, but at least weed out the extreem outliers when easily possible. This would provide a good start and could be improved upon later. And most importantly, it would allow a lot of us to play with lights on.

(Right now the lights that I have on are all around the edges of view for the unit and my vector clip is right in the center, but these lights still interfere with the tracking. I would hope that this would be an easy problem to fix.)
Peccator

Re: Better background light source filtering

Post by Peccator »

I am very happy with my TrackIR btw and reccomend the thing to a lot of my friends and show it off whenever possible. Please don't take my threads as a sign of my dissatisfation.