Deadzone?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Roenie

Deadzone?

Post by Roenie »

Is it possible to add a small deadzone to the Smartnav 4 software? Maybe using a patch, or a config file or registry change?

I noticed that the TrackIR 4 mouse emulation software uses a small deadzone. It was a bit too large for my tastes, but it did make it much easier and relaxing to keep the cursor still in a specific position (when clicking something). Smartnav 4 does not have a deadzone.

It would make a world of difference, especially for things Gravity doesn't work for.

(I cannot easily keep my cursor still in 1 pixel position. It moves around a bit, even as much as off the icon/button i am trying to click. My head is never 100% still. SmartNav is just as accurate as a regular mouse, so it correctly translates these tiny motions into cursor motion. The problem is, it does that even when it is not wanted! The reason a regular mouse does not suffer from this issue is that you can leave it in one place and it will not move.)

I have already tried Kevin's suggestions here:
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... 0#Post2620

Thanks,
Roenie
VincentG

Re: Deadzone?

Post by VincentG »

No currently no way to set a deadzone.
Roenie

Post by Roenie »

If there's one feature you should add to the to-do list it's this one, IMO. :)

Meaning (feature to add):
Whenever the cursor is in the same small area for a certain amount of time, the cursor stops and now a slightly larger amount of head movement is required to get the cursor to move again. When it moves, this behaviour turns back to normal. (Until the next time the cursor is in the same area for a while).

Underlined: configurable.

...would make this a much better product in my book.
nsr1

Post by nsr1 »

Agreed
Roenie

Post by Roenie »

Thanks for the support, Nickt

[quote=Roenie]
Meaning (feature to add):
Whenever the cursor is in the same small area for a certain amount of time[/quote]

Better:
Whenever the cursor slows down and does not re-accelerate for N time over X distance (a predefined minimum).

(That means the user wants it to stop)

It's so annoying trying to click something but all you do is drag it.