Americas Army 3

shoots2k

Americas Army 3

Post by shoots2k »

I am curious if there is an update on the status for AA3. I am finding nothing in AA3 and I am unable to use the Track IR in this game.
Seth Steiling

Re: Americas Army 3

Post by Seth Steiling »

AA3 does not currently have TrackIR support. Their dev team's original plan was to integrate it post-release in a patch. But, that dev team was fired the day after the title was released. The new dev team has proven very difficult to track down, so while we'd love to support AA3 with TrackIR, there is no news on this front for the time being.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Katharsis

Post by Katharsis »

Hi!

I recently bought that very nice TrackIR5 and now wanted to use it with my favorite Game AA3. I already read that AA3 is not supported at the moment. But is it at least possible to use it for lean left/right. That may still help me a lot. Is it possible to make that profile by my self so it starts automatically when AA3 launches?

Greetings from Austria
Katharsis
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The TrackIR software cannot recognize or output data to a game unless that game has our API integrated. Since the AA3 devs did not include TrackIR support, there's not much we can do to support it. I would make your request for TrackIR support directly to the new dev team.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Katharsis

Post by Katharsis »

Can you give me an adress (email) where i can write to? I didnt find any contact for that new dev team.
The more People write to them the better is the chance of getting a patch in the future.

Greetings
Katharsis
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Unfortunately, I can't. Like you allude to, they are very tough to track down. The military is doing development in-house, and the team is part of the massive Redstone Arsenal organization, which makes it very difficult to track down actual developers. Your best bet would be to contact them via the contact form or forums at the official site:

http://www.americasarmy.com/
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack