Streaming Rigid Body data to C# App

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
jeremyaker

Streaming Rigid Body data to C# App

Post by jeremyaker »

I've a 6 camera (FLEX:V100R2) setup with OptiHubs and I need to get real-time streaming data of a rigid body into a C# application (.NET 2.0) we are writing. Any advice on how to get started listening for NatNet streaming from ARENA? Or would I be better getting a TrackingTools license? If so, where to get started with that? I don't need to stream over a network (yet) I just need to access the data on the same computer.
jeremyaker

Re: Streaming Rigid Body data to C# App

Post by jeremyaker »

NaturalPoint's NatNet 2.0 is supposed to be .Net managed but it's release has been "next week" for over a month. I used Chris VanderKnyff's VrpnNet 1.1.1 (http://wwwx.cs.unc.edu/~chrisv/vrpnnet) and in a few hours time I'm getting Trackable data from Tracking Tools into my C# app.
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Streaming Rigid Body data to C# App

Post by morgan »

Latest version of NatNet (2.1) includes a full .NET wrapper assembly which can be dropped into any .NET aware application eniviron.

Please see the WinForms C# sample app in the NatNet 2.1 Samples folder for a usage example. We've tried to make the .NET wrapper as easy to use as possible - so if you have any suggestions please let us know!

Morgan