natnet bitstream syntax v.1.5?

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
dadams

natnet bitstream syntax v.1.5?

Post by dadams »

Noticed that the latest document is 1.4, but the tracking tools software is using natnet 1.5. Ive tried to decode the packets using the 1.4 spec, but it seems wrong. Is a 1.5 spec available?
VincentG

Re: natnet bitstream syntax v.1.5?

Post by VincentG »

I believe it will be updated shortly
xxy

Post by xxy »

Any updates on this? I am decoding data from the latest edition of Arena, which I assume to be in NatNet 1.5 format - but the latest docs I can find, with the SDK download, are for 1.4.

There only seem to be small discrepancies between the two, but it would be useful to know if we are missing any vital information or formatting changes!
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

The latest NatNet 2.1 release includes a direct depacketization sample which replaces the bitstream syntax. The sample acts as essentially a functional syntax checker, and hopefully will reduce issues that arise from differnet server/client versions.

Also, we've made several changes to the latest NatNet server and client apps and SDK to help ensure forwards and backwards compatbility between NatNet and NatNet server releases:

old server -> new client
new server -> old client
new server -> new client

If you have a chance please download the latest versions of Arena and NatNet and let us know if you have any trouble.

Morgan