Support for SHIFT?

Seth Steiling

Re: Support for SHIFT?

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=MillerTime]So what's it going to take to get TrackIR in shift. This hack/workaround dosen't do anything for me except make the game crash. Can NaturalPoint just make a program that works with it to keep there game list going? Why does it have to be in a SHIFT patch, just make your own .exe that we can run before the game and actually works. This will keep TrackIR in business even stronger.[/quote]
Often times view mods are technically possible, though difficult to create and often not very stable. And, the workaround that Racer_S created is a view mod itself, so this method has unofficially already been tried with varying levels of success. The key is for the game developers to make the integration themselves, in their source code, with our SDK. There's really no other viable way to get TrackIR support in a game. We're more than happy to work with SMS to make this happen, and they do already have our SDK to work with.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MillerTime

Post by MillerTime »

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. If SMS has the SDK, have they mentioned anything about implementing it? After using TrackIR with all my other racing games, it just makes no sense that it still isn't in Shift. Any word on it being included in the next patch? I was playing shift the other day and have gotten into the habit of moving my head to look, and then I felt like a fool. :[
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=MillerTime]Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. If SMS has the SDK, have they mentioned anything about implementing it? After using TrackIR with all my other racing games, it just makes no sense that it still isn't in Shift. Any word on it being included in the next patch? I was playing shift the other day and have gotten into the habit of moving my head to look, and then I felt like a fool. :[[/quote]
They've mentioned interest in integrating TrackIR in future projects, but I haven't been able to nail them down on supporting SHIFT specifically. It definitely seems like they appreciate the technology, which is a good start, but SHIFT is still up in the air, from what I can tell.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack