TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added???

Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added???

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=loczek]i hope i'll be still alive when it's done... ;-)[/quote]
You and me both, Adam. :D :D :D
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
loczek

Post by loczek »

Maybe instead of waiting it's a good time to upgrade TIR3 to TIR5... Maybe it's also easier to develop some nice promotional code in order to, let's say: compenasate pain in "broken neck" than to write new version of software :) What do you say, Seth?
ron533

Post by ron533 »

[quote=ron533][quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]Hi Ron,

Unfortunately, we are not yet able to project a release date for TrackIR 3 support in the 5.x software. You can still access all 100+ TrackIR Enhanced games with the 4.1.037 - Final B version of TrackIR software.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply,

Are these technical difficulties or rather marketing decisions?

Ron[/quote]
Neither, really. It's a matter of development resources, or rather, a lack thereof. :) Our TrackIR dev team is currently working hard on a couple of major, long-term projects on a different product line, so 5.1 support is a bit on the back burner, unfortunately. We'd love to crank it out quicker, but there are only so many hours a day for our developers to get everything done. :) [/quote]

Hi,

Actually this is very disappointing to wait for so long to what seems a better reworked driver with friendlier GUI - and eventually not to get it and to realize there is no real "to be continued date"...
Especially since TIR3 WITHOUT vector is supported...
I hope it's not the end of drivers and support for the TIR3+Vector line (seems like it from what you implied...).

I wish you wouldn't leave this driver like what seems as an unfinished summer work...

Thanks
Ron
soloje

Post by soloje »

I have same issue I think with my TrackIR-3+vector and Win7-64 , X axe doesn't work properly. movement in game is blocked or is erratic.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=ron533]Hi,

Actually this is very disappointing to wait for so long to what seems a better reworked driver with friendlier GUI - and eventually not to get it and to realize there is no real "to be continued date"...
I hope it's not the end of drivers and support for the TIR3+Vector line (seems like it from what you implied...).

I wish you wouldn't leave this driver like what seems as an unfinished summer work...

Thanks
Ron
[/quote]
- First off, we are definitely sorry that we haven't been able to deliver this support in a more timely fashion. It's not for lack of desire on our part, but rather a result of some practical limitations in our development cycle.

- TIR 3 without Vector (aka Dot Tracking) is not supported either. There is no Dot Tracking mode in the 5.x software

- I cannot foresee a situation in which TrackIR 3 with Vector will not be supported in new games. I can't predict scenarios years down the road, but we have no current plans to discontinue support of those drivers.

- The driver is not unfinished. In fact, no changes to the driver for TrackIR 3 were even made in the first place. The 5.x software is not a driver overhaul--it's a UI overhaul.

- Bear in mind that the 5.x software is for TrackIR 5. It was created to support the new hardware. As a benefit for (and thank you to) existing customers, we decided to build in free support for TrackIR 3 and 4 as well. Unfortunately, TrackIR 3 is trickier to support, because it behaves differently on several fundamental levels (though obviously not in its basic function). Our original intention (to release TrackIR 3 support out of the gate) became unfeasible, due primarily to a limitation in resources and an unexpected appearance of pressing projects on a different product line. We still want to make the support happen, but it would be irresponsible for me to try and predict a specific timeline.

- The good news (we hope you see it this way!) is that you should still have 100% of the functionality and features that you've had from day one. You can still play all of the newest games, and your experience should be just as good as it's always been.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=soloje]I have same issue I think with my TrackIR-3+vector and Win7-64 , X axe doesn't work properly. movement in game is blocked or is erratic. [/quote]
Hi soloje. You should email support@naturalpoint.com about this.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
ron533

Post by ron533 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth][quote=ron533]Hi,

Thanks
Ron
[/quote]
- First off, we are definitely sorry that we haven't been able to deliver this support in a more timely fashion. It's not for lack of desire on our part, but rather a result of some practical limitations in our development cycle.

- TIR 3 without Vector (aka Dot Tracking) is not supported either. There is no Dot Tracking mode in the 5.x software

- I cannot foresee a situation in which TrackIR 3 with Vector will not be supported in new games. I can't predict scenarios years down the road, but we have no current plans to discontinue support of those drivers.

- The driver is not unfinished. In fact, no changes to the driver for TrackIR 3 were even made in the first place. The 5.x software is not a driver overhaul--it's a UI overhaul.

- Bear in mind that the 5.x software is for TrackIR 5. It was created to support the new hardware. As a benefit for (and thank you to) existing customers, we decided to build in free support for TrackIR 3 and 4 as well. Unfortunately, TrackIR 3 is trickier to support, because it behaves differently on several fundamental levels (though obviously not in its basic function). Our original intention (to release TrackIR 3 support out of the gate) became unfeasible, due primarily to a limitation in resources and an unexpected appearance of pressing projects on a different product line. We still want to make the support happen, but it would be irresponsible for me to try and predict a specific timeline.

- The good news (we hope you see it this way!) is that you should still have 100% of the functionality and features that you've had from day one. You can still play all of the newest games, and your experience should be just as good as it's always been. [/quote]

Thanks for the thorough answer!

My mistake about thinking there is support for TIR3 with no Vector.

Keep up the good work so far...
Cheers,
Ron
Pye

Re: TrackIR 3 with Vector support in software 5.1

Post by Pye »

Wow, I came back since my last post in 2005!

-------------------------------------------------------
LATEST SOFTWARE ::

Version 5.0 - Final B
(posted August 10, 2009)
(.exe 6.7 MB)
� Supports TrackIR 5, TrackIR 4:PRO
� Note: TrackIR 3 with Vector support will be added in version 5.1
-------------------------------------------------------

I've been checking for 1 year since was this above was posted on your website.

I think you should update your website software to just say. 5.1 does not support TrackIR 3 and TrackIR 3 with Vector Expansion support and have done with it.

It is annoying reading "will be added in 5.1" when there are no plans in place. Of coure maybe my trackir3 hardware device will break, then it won't matter.

I had a TrackIR 1,I sold on for a TrackIR 3 with vector expansion support it's not my fault you make such a good bit of kit that lasts!

(the only problem for me is every time I load the software v4.1.037 I have to manually lower the light filtering to 40 manually! to get it to work properly in my environment. The SETTINGS.XML, even with read only attribute, doesn't seem to remember it. It's a right pain! every time I use it I have to to remember to do this.)

IF yo got a fix for this post a reply, thanks

There, I feel better for getting that off my chest!!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We haven't released verson 5.1 yet, and currently IR3 w/ vector expansion is still on the top of my feature list.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried editng the xml file directly?