Live for Speed :First raceing game with TIR s

Hotdognz

Live for Speed :First raceing game with TIR s

Post by Hotdognz »

Well this is it guys Live For Speed will be the first racing game thats going to come out where we can use out Track Ir units, there have a demo that is out and have just released a patch to support basic mouse look which enables us to use our TIR units, I urge you all to try the demo as its quite good fun.

This support for mouse look was added after I made a request via email to the developmnet team, they emailed me back very quickly and was most intrested I then passed on there info to Halstead and he has done the rest, now im not sure where they are at with using the new Absolute modes that TIR now has available (Halstead might be able to give us a update here) but if you want to help me lobby over there some more please post in this thread here, the more people the better even if you dont like raceing sims it all helps.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthr ... adid=63783

The demo & patch can be downloaded here (35meg) and is well worth the look

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/LFS/downloads/51
dazed

Re: Live for Speed :First raceing game with TIR s

Post by dazed »

Oh dear!...i read your post and off i went to download and install. It is now 5.30am and ive been playing for 5 hours, a couple offline and the rest playing on the multiplayer servers. I can play fine using normal mouselook but i really hope they take it further and add support for absolute mode in it at some stage. One thing that seems a shame is the replay recordings do not seem to record the mouse inputs so people wont see you using TIR on playback and see what it can really do like in DNME`s IL2 tracks. I`ll make sure i mention TrackIR on any servers i go and play on tho.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

He he Dazed its good fun isnt it, first racing game to support TIR properly (GPL does ina quirky sort of way).

BTW where about in Wales are you, I see there are quite a few here with TIR and from Wales
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

I am doing an article about VR gadgets and Racing simulators, due to be published in about 2 weeks at www.bhmotorsports.com

I�d like to ad that also Nascar Heat supports Mouselokk now via a patch released around the same time as the LFS patch, even a day erlier, infact making THAT the first sim supporting muselook

As of now, it�s not totally clear if dedicated trackIR support will be availible for LFS. It should be clear in the article though
dazed

Post by dazed »

@Hotdognz
Yup it must be fun, ive been at it for another 3 hours tonight. Im happy now i`ve earned 180 credits Roll on the full version and i hope that ThomasH was giving a hint that absolute mode was on the way....if they do, then i`ll buy Oh yeah!...im in Pwllheli NW

@ThomasH
That was a hint was it?..i hope!
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

You Northern Wales guys have fleece lined TIR's?
dazed

Post by dazed »

quote:Originally posted by Revvin:
You Northern Wales guys have fleece lined TIR's? I dont know..i've never looked inside it
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Hey ThomasH glad to see you here at these boards and looking forward to your views
BTW ThomasH do you have a TIR unit.

I also hope that there was a hint in there about Absolute mode in LFS as It wouldnt jut make me buy it I would Pre Order it . LFS with the mouse view is unreal and if Absolute mode goes in then it will be just perfect.

As for Nascar Heat being the first out with TIR support he he I knew that . Pity though here in the UK i cant find the game anywhere so I really buy it so i can use my TIR with.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Hey ThomasH glad to see you here at these boards and looking forward to your views

I also hope that there was a hint in there about Absolute mode in LFS as It wouldnt jut make me buy it I would Pre Order it . LFS with the mouse view is unreal and if Absolute mode goes in then it will be just perfect.

As for Nascar Heat being the first out with TIR support he he I knew that . Pity though here in the UK i cant find the game anywhere so I really buy it so i can use my TIR with.