Track Clip Pro for the right side

maclean525

Track Clip Pro for the right side

Post by maclean525 »

Hello,

New owner of TrackIR4 here with the Track Clip Pro. I have a question. Is NaturalPoint considering allowing/changing the TrackClip to work on the right side of the head? Since most microphone setups are on the left it makes sense to use the right to balance out the headset. As it is right now I feel the extra weight of the TrackClip Pro.

Is there are way to make it work on the right?
VincentG

Re: Track Clip Pro for the right side

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately it is currently only designed to work on the left side of the headset.
maclean525

Post by maclean525 »

Thanks for the response :) When you guys get around to designing V2 I would recommend having it fit either on the right or making it interchangeable.
Rusty_

Post by Rusty_ »

It's important to balance off the headset anyway m8! I used a kitchen weight and measured both sides with the trackclip pro mounted and installed "mouse" weights (usual on all new gaming mouse)on right side (use gaffa) to the headset balances well. If you don't do this you will soon get a neck problem, at least if you use the proclip mounted for long periods.

I also balanced for the extra cable drag that proclip applyes to the headset left side (used a second set of mouse weights :P ).

(R)
aemvee

Post by aemvee »

It's an older topic but it checks out.

Since we had fairly recent update TrackIR 5.4. it got me wondering if the development is still somewhat active could the side selection feature still be added in future updates?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

aemvee,

This is still on my radar, but I don't have anything coming out soon. I am pushing for this in a future update, but don't know where it lands on the list of importance. Thank you for bumping this topic, it gives me more reasons to keep pushing for it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
hamishr

Post by hamishr »

I know it's an old topic, but surely it's best not to have lots of duplicate topics!

I have DIYed a track clip pro LED configuration which attaches on the right side of my headphones.
I did so fully expecting there to be an option in the software to specify which side it's on.

As this is literally a question of reversing signs in an equation, adding this to the software seems like a no brainer!
Is this still on your radar @MikeWitham?

An additional feature that I acknowledge would take a little more effort would be to enable the user to specify the distance from the center of their head to the track clip pro. As headphones vary in size considerably, the distance of the LEDs from the center of rotation can vary by an inch or even more! This is large percentage difference which of course will effect the accuracy of the rotation mapping. I'm guessing the value for this distance is currently hardcoded?

Thanks for a great product!