Track IR 5 stuttering and laggy movement

ryantt

Re: Track IR 5 stuttering and laggy movement

Post by ryantt »

Wao i was going to buy this product today but since i saw this thread ill better wait please resolve it i want this badddddd thanks ..running w7 also
Raidhaennor

Post by Raidhaennor »

To be fair, compared to the numbers of people having win7 and TrackIR, we seem to be very few to experience problems.
nev_vern

Post by nev_vern »

I do not play FS anymore (Boy do i want to!), and i do not use trackir anymore either, this sucks

Worked so well on my xp box, and the only thing i changed was the OS....
Scratty

Post by Scratty »

Yes, i have it too!! Laggy movements with TIR 5 in Win7\64, absolutely like others, i have latest TIR 5 software installed, latest DX, latest video drivers etc. I saw that problem in FSX, some times movements becoming very laggy for short time, and when it begins, i tried to check with mouselook instead of TIR if it is a game problem, but with mouselook everything is smooth.
That happend not so often, and pretty randomly, but it happend.
First i thought that TIR software pretty relies on PC CPU, so at peak load levels it just can`t normally do profile calculations and lost sync and some data, and i raised priority level of TIR software, it not helped much, just little. But it is not a normal solution, background application with higher priority and so tough process like FSX in other thread - lowers game performance. And anyway, why everything is normal in XP.
Looks like it`s some TIR 5 software compatibility issues with Win7.
I hope it`s going to be resolved.
Scratty

Post by Scratty »

I dicovered, that when i play FSX in windowed mode and TIR lags happend, if i switch focus to other application (in FSX pause game on lost focus should be desabled) or open folder in front of game and set folder active, game on the background began to work perfectly and all TIR movements are perfect with no lags, when after i make game window active again, lags coming back, maybe it`s mean something, hope it helps.
maclean525

Post by maclean525 »

I saw this problem last night playing IL2 also. Any word from NaturalPoint on a fix?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you running the video card software in the background?

Have you tried running the 4.1.037 software?

Also look at running both the TrackIR software, and the gaming application at the same permission level (right click on the exe for each , and select run as admin)

Any other USB devices plugged in next to the TrackIR?

Is the TrackIR plugged directly into the PC, or do you have it connected thru the TrackClip Pro?
Wickerman666

Post by Wickerman666 »

I have exactly the same problem - Also running Windows 7 64....when just using the Track IR5 Software its very smooth. But after starting the FSX it's so laggy and so much stuttering that it's just unplayable.
I am very disappointed and I think i will give the Track IR back to the shop where I but it, because it won't work with FSX and Win7!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Could you provide some more information, for troubleshooting?

Do you have SP1/SP2 installed for FSX?

What video card/ video card drivers do you have installed?

Any other addons installed for FSX?

Do you see this issue, using the 4.1.037 TrackIR software?
soldano

Post by soldano »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Could you provide some more information, for troubleshooting?

Do you have SP1/SP2 installed for FSX?

What video card/ video card drivers do you have installed?

Any other addons installed for FSX?

Do you see this issue, using the 4.1.037 TrackIR software? [/quote]

I am using SP2, my video card is a GForce 8800 GTS 512, driver 191,07, other addons are: UT2, Radar Contact 4, Active Sky, but they are not necesary running at all times, and the stutters are present when running FSX alone.-
I tried installing the 41037 software, but it doesnt work with my TIR 5 device.-