TrackIR 5 X-axis limited movements..

Per57

TrackIR 5 X-axis limited movements..

Post by Per57 »

:blush: I�m sorry flipping around in all the topics like this.
I start a new one.
I have a problem with my TrackIR 5 that i want to solve. From the beginning with softwear 5.0 beta 0.1 everything worked well, even though it was little "flippy". I installed all the new softwear that came up, from beta 0,2 to 0,5 final b that i have installed now. With beta 0,4 or 0,5 there was a game connecting problem that you later solved. But somewhere here my problem came up. I have limited movements in my X-axis, from one side to the other. Like a wall stopping me half the way to my right side. And also when zooming in and out from the panel in FS9. I a�m quite sure that it�s not in the TrackIR 5 "program", what i can see everything works fine in every movements. Could it be something in the connection with FS9????? In the installing log for TrackIR 5 i have an "ERROR" message=183, and something with npusbio_x64.inf. I run it on XP Pro. Any ideas.
BRGDS Per57 ;)
VincentG

Re: TrackIR 5 X-axis limited movements..

Post by VincentG »

The 183 error is an error code regarding the drivers not be Windows logo certified.
Per57

Post by Per57 »

Hello Vincent.
What does that mean?
Per :whistle:
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yes, I believe the implemented a movement limiter, in the final version of the software.

You asked about this "In the installing log for TrackIR 5 i have an "ERROR" message=183, and something with npusbio_x64.inf."

It means that the drivers are digitally signed, but we have not submitted them to Microsoft for logo testing.
Per57

Post by Per57 »

Hello again Vincent.
Thank�s for reply. So, if i understand you right Vincent there is a movement limit put into the software for the X-axis?
And that coul�d be my problem?
Is there any chance to remove that "limiter"?
For me that was the special thing with TrackIR 5. I coul�d move my "body" around as i liked in my aircraft.
If i beg very nicely, coul�d you....please....make it unlimit again.
BRGDS Per :)
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Per,

I believe the issue with the unlimited axes (which was an unintended oversight in the beta build you're referring to) is that, when developers integrate our SDK, they need to have that unmoving constraint to program with. They might want to limit the view at a certain point in their virtual world (say to prevent cheating in a multiplayer game, or to prevent tearing of the models in a cockpit). If we change that limit, which they built their integration around, we could severely damage their integration.

In general, we like to expose as many options and features to users as possible, so you can create your own, perfect profile. However, sometimes we do need to keep constraints in there, just so developers can have a reasonable expectation of how the view control they integrate will play out for end users. In order to guarantee this, one of the things we have had to do is keep our view control variables static. It would be ideal to have the FSX developers remap or rescale the in-cockpit movements a bit to make sure that you can get far enough over to access all of your gauges/controls. Unfortunately, there are no more FSX devs, so this is something that we'll all have to deal with for the foreseeable future.

Hope this makes sense!

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Per57

Post by Per57 »

Thank�s Seth.
Then i have got the answer of my problem.
BRGDS Per