Streaming Question

NatNet, VRPN, TrackD, and Plugins
bgamp

Re: Streaming Question

Post by bgamp »

Hey, thanks.

We got it working with Java and your help.

Just a suggestion for the future... Matlab can inherently setup and read udp packets if they are not multicast. That would make it easier to use your system with our (and others') systems.

Thanks again.

P.S. I am having an issue parsing the data coming through now, but I replied to a previous and different post about that.

B
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

Agreed - Will add this as a feature request for subsequent versions.

Re the parsing issue, it sounds like a version compatibility issue. The benefit of using the NatNet SDK is it insulates client from syntax changes. You can lso use it to check version numbers.

Give me a chance to review the version of NatNet the RB tools is using. Perhaps it is the previous version.
bgamp

Post by bgamp »

Yeah, I checked for that... the RB tool is using NatNet 1.4 and the ICD I have been using is also 1.4.
I sent you an email to support with a spreadsheet I have been using to try and figure out how to write my parsing program. Hopefully it will be easier to understand my parsing problems seeing it byte-by-byte.

B
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Email replied to.....
litch09

Post by litch09 »

Hi Morgan,

I would certainly be interested in a .Net Assembly or Active X control wrapper to make it easier to access streaming data via Labview or Matlab (particularly using Tracking Tools).

I have written Labview VI's in the past using the Optitrack SDK to communicate with a TrackIR camera with good success. Now we have a three camera Tracking Tools system and would like to stream data from Trackables to Labview to link up with other tools controlled via Labview, but I am finding it difficult to do this easily (albeit, this is my first day of trying!).

If you could let me know whether this is going to be an option in the future and what the timeline might be, then that would be great.
genetunik

Post by genetunik »

Hi,
I am trying to use NatNet to stream rigid body data using Matlab. Can you please help me get started. Any advice would help greatly.
Thanks,
Gene
barneygumble

Post by barneygumble »

Hi there, UP to the genetunik post about matlab using...
Thanks
�tienne
morgan
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by morgan »

Just an update here -

Latest version of NatNet now includes a native depacketizer sample and a full .NET managed assembly and sample for use in .NET environs. Newer version of MatLab should be able consume the NatNET .NET wrapper assembly directly now, which should make thing much easier.
smith32

Post by smith32 »

I'm looking at writing a C program in MATLAB (for use in Simulink) that will connect to a streaming NatNet server. Ideally it would use the NatNet SDK instead of using WinSock like the code that Morgan posted. I'd really appreciate some C code that uses the NatNet SDK to create a client.

Thanks.
aluaces

Post by aluaces »

[quote=smith32]I'd really appreciate some C code that uses the NatNet SDK to create a client.
[/quote]

They are already several source code examples in the SDK distribution :)