Estimated time of arrival?

The_Nomad

Estimated time of arrival?

Post by The_Nomad »

I must confess, I badly want one of these. Badly enough that I might have to try assembling a home-brew one if they aren't imminent.

I know it's the question that anyone in R&D hates to ask (ask me when Death Knight Love Story comes out!), but - any idea on ETA?
The_Nomad

Re: Estimated time of arrival?

Post by The_Nomad »

D'oh, missed it in the last post. "Around Siggraph time", so that's mid-July, ish.

(Leaving this here for other boneheads like myself...)
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

No problem, we will have it out around Siggraph, late July. We will post updates in this forum as we get closer, as we are going to have a pretty comprehensive offering. We are looking forward to it!
SunGS

Post by SunGS »

Hi natural point,

The virtual camera looks like a great luxury to have. But there are definitely other areas of development that would be deemed a necessity. I think the development of finger markers would be much more beneficial to current users of Arena in regards to work flow efficiency and convenience. Second on that list would be capturing face and body at the same time. Any development news for these?

Don't get me wrong though. The virtual camera looks amazing.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

Thanks for the suggestions. We have done testing on finger and face capture, but we have some limitations with the V100 (R2) camera. With a decent capture volume size, like 15'x15', the cameras don't have the resolution needed to distinguish amongst the small finger markers that would be needed. The V100 is an excellent mocap camera, and full body resolution is great, it just isn't quite there for what you suggest.

Of course, our longer term goal is to accomplish this task, and we have a plan for that down the road.