Recentering TrackIR 5 inside EECH

Essobie

Recentering TrackIR 5 inside EECH

Post by Essobie »

Everything seems to be working (I followed all of the instructions here to get it installed using both AH and CH and patches where necessary)... except I can't get the key I have mapped to recenter TrackIR to work while I'm inside the game. I've tried the default of F12, my usual key of Numpad ".", as well as Alt-Numpad ".". Nothing registers.

I can alt-tab out of the game and look at the TrackIR setup software, recenter, then alt-tab back to the game, but that's a bit annoying.

I've even tried using the Trap key functionality of the TrackIR drivers to make sure only the drivers were getting the keypress, but no dice.

Anyone run into this?

I'm running Windows 7 x64, TrackIR 5 Version 5.0 - Final B, and EECH with allMods 1.2 installed.
VincentG

Re: Recentering TrackIR 5 inside EECH

Post by VincentG »

Make sure that you are running both applications at the same permission level, within Windows. (right click on the exe for each, and select run as admin)
Essobie

Post by Essobie »

I think I starting the TrackIR application that way and it didn't bring over all of my profiles. I assume there's an easy way to grab TrackIR profiles from my user directories and copy them over to admin? Please say yes. :)

Edit: This did, in fact, fix the issue. It was also easy to move my profiles over to the Program Files directory. I don't particularly like the idea of writing to that directory on purpose, but I plan on only running TrackIR as admin for older games like EECH that require it. Thanks much!
Essobie

Post by Essobie »

I thought I'd pop in with a followup for this particular case since I found a more eloquent solution for my particular problem.

By default, good old games's (gog.com) version of EECH installs and sets the game to run in compatibility mode for Windows 2000. Doing this requires that the user run the game as an administrator whether you are in a UAC protected directory structure or not (i.e. Program Files).

I personally install all my games in C:\Games\ so removing the unneeded Windows 2000 compatibility did two things: 1) it allowed the game to play just fine without being elevated to admin status (the latest patches from the community run just fine in Windows 7 x64) and 2) it allows the TrackIR software to be run in non-admin status as well.

Now all of my TrackIR profiles can be used for all my titles.