There we go again; please Crysis 2

joost

There we go again; please Crysis 2

Post by joost »

Hello, a while ago we had this conversation

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post40910

And you said that you are focussing on implenting TrackIR in new games from the start.
So is TrackIR implented in Crysis 2? Maybe you can implent it now in half life 3 and portal, because It's in early developmend. You guys should add It in ANY good FPS game that's early in development!

Good luck with that, and please answer :D
Seth Steiling

Re: There we go again; please Crysis 2

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Joost. Glad to see you back over here, and still on board with the idea of getting TrackIR in more FPS titles. :)

In short: yes, we're still pursuing developers for more FPS support. Titles currently in my sights include Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, future Valve/Half-Life titles, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, and a few others.

Crytek has, more or less, officially passed on TrackIR. So, that precludes Crysis 2.

Though I can see TrackIR being fun and useful in Half-Life type games, I have to confess that I don't see the angle with Portal 2. With its pacing, puzzle-style gameplay, and "lone wolf" nature, I don't know where TrackIR factors in. Do you have a particular use for it in mind, if it were implemented in Portal 2?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
joost

Post by joost »

Sorry for answering so late...

Well It won't be more useful, but TrackIR just give you more the feeling that you actually be the character and really are in the game-world. And It's more fun. But I never thought TrackIr was usefull and easier, the mouse works just fine. BUT It gives you a 3th dimension! You can look around with your head, and that's way more imersive then just using your hand for your headmotions. It gives you a more realistic feeling to the gameplay, but there will not be any 'particular use for it'.

You said future 'Valve/Half-Life titles' will that be Half-Life 3? And Is It certain!? Do you have a deal with Valve? Do they show intrest in the headtracking device? Do they LOVE It? I'm dying to know If It's for sure It WILL be implented in half-life 3 and all the other Valve Games! Ok thank's
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Those are the titles that are "in my sights." In other words, they're titles that we think would benefit from TrackIR, and we're pitching the concept to the respective developers. I did not mean to imply that Valve or others have agreed to anything--only that we're working to sell them on the concept.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack