Jumping points

filmcraft

Re: Jumping points

Post by filmcraft »

Hi Vincent thanks for responding.

I have been trying to do this all day and I'm ready to pull out my hair!

Specs:

Arena 1.6.1

Using 3 point calibration with wand

Setup area is as the quick start indicates; I have 3 tripods in front of me in a semi circle, at eye level there is a camera 2 feet up and 2 feet down they are 2 feet from each other on the same tripod. All tripods are setup identical.

I have v100 stock cameras so I'm guessing which ever lens came with those when they shipped new.

I really am excited to start using this but I just haven't been able to get this going for almost two weeks, I know it's something simple and stupidnthat I am missing, any ideas??

Scott
filmcraft

Post by filmcraft »

Update: I have emailed you pictures of my setup and the capture data to look at
bohung

Post by bohung »

[quote=Filmcraft]I'm having this problem, has there ever been a fix or solve?[/quote] we have been encounting this problems,
we use single point calibration
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Xuan,

If you can send us .pt2 file that shows the problem and an image of your camera setup to support@naturalpoint.com, we can take a look.
bohung

Post by bohung »

Hi,
as follow your advises I ultimately set up camera that is too bad to start off , but seem to must edit anim verry much and can't not use the Update Offet of Expression Constraint so result in facial animation of our character is not good,
can you have any ideas for that to gain animation which is excillent as siggraphic-expression video demo ?
ProjectPalitoy

Post by ProjectPalitoy »

three things:

First video....

Probably didnt need to have a musical track :(
Anyway, forgetting your initial problem, I would say that even if you have a rock solid calibration, those eye lid markers are too high on the lid on your particular face as you lose them a lot as you express.... it would need to be right down on the lid edge...

So, thats one problem you can avoid.

Looking at your data, this is a problem I have encountered very recently and manage to solve through a process of elimination.

Go to your point cloud tab and have a look at your RESIDUAL SETTINGS...

I had this issue when they somehow defaulted back to 16! somewhere between 4 and six is more like it.

The fault would only manifest itself with my Calibration Head, Mr. Cal. A single marker or floor markerset would track wonderfully. So, I would be pulling my hair out as I put Mr. Cal in the Volume and it would look like crap.

Residual fixed this. It may also fix yours too.

I was going to suggest that you check camera focus as well, but if you are getting exceptional across the board, probably no need.

Check that residual setting and let me know...

CC
farstar

Post by farstar »

I just had my first bought with exspression and I am having the same issue as the rest. I am using the current version of arena and did a three point calibration. The 6 Cameras are set up to be 3 feet from performer. I had to go to 3 feet becuause as you well know any closer and you cannot do a three point calibration with the provided wand. I get exceptional results on calibration on all 6 cameras and I have no problem getting a face template. The problems starts Once I try to actually do facial capture and I see the exact same issues as the rest on this thread. The face template do not line up and once it does points jumping all over the palce even when not moving. What I have found that seems to works some what is to just start over and redo calibration and not to trust the exceptional ranking that you get. Finally after many crashes of the software and restarts of the projects I evetually get something I can use after a lot and I mean a lot of clean up. I look forward to hearing from Natural point on a very detailed way to resolve these issue.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

The rating for calibration is actually quite reliable in terms of rating a defined motion capture area. Could you by chance post a picture of your camera arrangement and motion capture space? It may also help to see how you arrange your markers on the subject, as well as a screenshot of your calibration results.
farstar

Post by farstar »

Day two with exspression was GREAT! I did not do anything different with camera set up or my steps in calibration.
I will be posting shortly on your projects section of the forum the rendered results.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Excellent! Glad to hear you were able to get good material!