TrackIr emulate mouse/keyboard driver?

tosvus

TrackIr emulate mouse/keyboard driver?

Post by tosvus »

Hi, I see some major FPS titles like Crysis won't be supported due to the gaming studios. It's a must that these titles work as well.

What would be the problem in making a driver that acts as a mouse and keyboard to the game, and then set use trackir to emulate that? The game won't know trackir is at work, and it will at least cover some of the movements - the ones that are most important for FPS games anyway.

Also, how is compatibility with VR goggles (without headtracking)? There are some interesting new glasses like Headplay out, that would be a perfect companion to your product. (though I'm not 100% sure if Headplay supports 3d stereoscopic imaging, I know others do).

The combination of glasses and your tracker (if it works with all fps games) would be a fantastic gaming combo.
THM655321

Re: TrackIr emulate mouse/keyboard driver?

Post by THM655321 »

We really do need emulation to make TrackIR universally useful.

Is NaturalPoint's issue concern that this will impact SmartNav? I don't think that should be an issue. People buy TrackIR for gaming. All of the comments re: emulation are gaming related. SmartNav has different user applications as far as I can tell from reading about it on this site.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The TrackIR does ship with a mouse emaulation application.
bodaciousBrian

Post by bodaciousBrian »

I would like to use TrackIR to use duck/lean functions in FPS games.. I made a profile using deadzones on Z, and Roll. If I could program a keypress from inside the curve editor to enable when that non-deadzone part of the curve is reaced that would be great!
intergral

Post by intergral »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]The TrackIR does ship with a mouse emaulation application. [/quote]

Its very difficult (if not impossible) to play a FPS with the mouse emulation. You head is moving the mouse and u need to aim with the mouse. You cant target at all!