VC6 symbols LNK1103: debugging information corrupt

JoePilot

VC6 symbols LNK1103: debugging information corrupt

Post by JoePilot »

I'm integrating the OptiTrack COM API with an application written in MSVC++ 6. I get the following link error:

optitrackuuid.lib(optitrack_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

This seems to indicate a problem in the vendor supplied .lib file. Is there a basic incompatibility with MSVC++ 6? Do I really have a corrupt file?

Interestingly, the release version builds fine, as it does not need debugging info.

Thanks for any help.

Joe

(edit - birch. make post title more specific)
yoshi

Re: LNK1103: debugging information corrupt

Post by yoshi »

I had the same issue before, I believe you can overcome the problem by using the optitrackuuid.lib from old OptiTrack Flex3 SDK, just for debug build. I use the one that is dated 03/25/2005.
JoePilot

Post by JoePilot »

I had the same issue before, I believe you can overcome the problem by using the optitrackuuid.lib from old OptiTrack Flex3 SDK, just for debug build. I use the one that is dated 03/25/2005.
This seems to work (I can at least build now). Thanks for the tip.

Joe
Birch

Post by Birch »

To clarify, the debug symbols in newer versions of the OptiTrack SDK (build 28+ I believe) are no longer compatible with VC6. Newer versions of VC (2003/etc) should be okay, or use the workaround that Yoshi mentions.
DaveA

Post by DaveA »

I'm also having this problem. So where can I get the earlier version of the SDK?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you send me an email directly, support@naturalpoint.com, I will send you out a link to the older SDK.
Birch

Post by Birch »

We also added a Software Archive section to the OptiTrack website today. You can find older releases of the SDK there.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... chive.html
DaveA

Post by DaveA »

When I use the early version of the SDK I get an unspported device error when I try to open the camera in a VC6 program. Could this be because I am using a TrackIR 4 with the early SDK?

If so, is there any way to get the source for the optitrackuuid.lib module so that I can create the library under VC6 and get the correct debug info? If not is there any chance of getting a version with VC6 debug info?

It isn't likely that we will upgrade to the latest version of MSVC since we have several major projects in work right now and the upgrade simply isn't feasible in mid-project.
Harinath

Re: VC6 symbols LNK1103: debugging information corrupt

Post by Harinath »

I have downloaded sample(OptiTrack_sample_VC8b_v31.zip) here http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/s ... tions.html

I'm working with Visual studio2008 SP1 .After the .sln file is opened, it asks me to convert to newer version, then If i compile,I get the following error :mad:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\lib\i386\optitrackuuid.lib'

Thanks for any help
Harinath
Birch

Re: VC6 symbols LNK1103: debugging information corrupt

Post by Birch »

Instead of copying the optitrackuuid.lib file, it would be better to use the project settings editor to add the optitrack SDK paths to the include and link paths. That way if you change SDK versions you won't be using stale files.