What version software ?

jwilliamson

What version software ?

Post by jwilliamson »

Just received trackir 4 pro . Are there any problems reported using the 5 version? Any other tips recommended other than whats on the forums?

JohnW
VincentG

Re: What version software ?

Post by VincentG »

The IR5 software is fully compatible with the IR 4 hardware.
jack smith

Post by jack smith »

Hello Vincent
I have FS2004,FSX, Trackir 4 Pro, and software 4.1037 installed and everything is working fine. Should I update to software 5.0? Is there any advantage to using the newer software or should I leave well enough alone? I read that 5.0 can help somewhat with the positioning of eyepoint location in FSX.

Jack
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The 5.0 software changes the layout of the software itself, and the way things are controlled.

It shouldn't effect the eyepoint within FSX itself.
jack smith

Post by jack smith »

Hi Vincent
So in you opinion is there any point/advantage for me to install the 5.0 software over my 4.1037?

Also I had read in the forum somewhere that the 5.0 would remember where you last positioned yourself in virtual cockpit so that you did not need to continously to move to your perfered spot and press F12 to lock it in place. You did it once in your flight and it would remain there for the rest of the flight as I understood, so is was unnecessary to change the aircraft files of the planes, but I may have misunderstood.

Jack
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Nope nothing like that within the IR software (either version). you can recenter the view, same way within both applications.

With FSX, to readjust the center point, align it to a position you would like for the centerview point, you need to edit the aircraft.cfg file,
jack smith

Post by jack smith »

Thank You for your quick reponse. I changed a few aircraft.cfg files already as an experiment.

How about the update to 5.0, should I even bother if things are working ok. Would I see any improvement?

Jack
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You could see a small improvement, but for the most part it is a different method of interface with the 5.0 software, and the IR 4 hardware