New game supporting Track IR...WWIIOL

Pruitt

Re: New game supporting Track IR...WWIIOL

Post by Pruitt »

quote:Originally posted by rendus:
Looks like a great product....
*sigh*
another hardware buy for ww2online!!!Heh heh... I know what you mean, Rendus. I probably spend more money on my WWIIOL habit, then any other single thing. lol

Next up will be that sweet looking new HOTAS Saitek showed at E3. heh heh...
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Yup can't wait to get my track, should make ww2ol even more awesome
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Wow I have been waiting for this one

However after trying it first using my updated Il2 FB profile for use with the new TIR 3 Pro I feel they havent really got this implemented right in enhanced mode, it feels to me like im in a viscas liquid and the movemnet feels very draggy as if the view is playing catch up all the time, Il2 FB is very precise with the movment and the TIR follows your head movment exactly and stops when you do, in WW2 online it just carrys on comeing once you have stopped untill it reaches the point you have.

However its now in the game and im sure Jim, Birch or maybe Wayne can look at this and point out to the WW2 online team where they have gone wrong with setting this up, it does make the planes more fun to fly and defitnaly makes me want back into the WW2 online game.

In the end I had to set up 4 deadzone points just to stop the woundering movment
siruotoko

Post by siruotoko »

quote:Originally posted by Hotdognz:
it feels to me like im in a viscas liquid and the movemnet feels very draggy as if the view is playing catch up all the time
I reported this pbm to both of the Rats and the Naturalpoint. Hoping it'll be fixed in the next point release.

[ June 02, 2004, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Kafuji ]
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Great.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Hi Wayne thanks for the tips but I had allready done all the above

Anyway I dont know what I had done while playing around but it feels ok now when I just tried it again.
Ill keep playing to see if I can get ti to goa all gooey on me again though.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Hotdognz,

If you find any oddities please let me know.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hotdognz & Kafuji,

I am not sure why you have this problem. My only conclusion is that the Keymapper in WWIIOL can not be setup correctly.
I have tested this along with the beta testers and the developers at Playnet and we have had no issues what so ever. So I thought it was about time I wrote a setup for you guys.

First things first.

1) Print these instructions for reference before getting started.
2) Start your TrackIR software and choose “Enhanced Mode” if you are in “Relative Mode” TrackIR will not be recognized.
3) Start WWIIOL.
4) After WWIIOL has started open the Keymapper.
5) Open “Views” and scroll down and look for “Mouse Look X”. Click the Primary/Axis box (Not the Secondary/Keyboard Axis) until it turns yellow. At this point move your head from side to side and TrackIR will be recognized and this will make an entry in Blue and should read “Track IR X”. (If not then you did not follow these instructions correctly. Go back the beginning and try again).
6) Carry out the same procedure for the “Mouse Look Y”. This time you have to move your head up and down and TrackIR will be recognized and make the entry in blue and this should read “Track IR Y”.
7) Okay if the top two has worked, then we are half way there.
8) Now open “Troop” and scroll down and locate “Mouse Look X”. Click the Primary/Axis box (Not the Secondary/Keyboard Axis) until it turns yellow. At this point move your head from side to side and TrackIR will be recognized and this will make an entry in Blue and should read “Track IR X”.
9) Carry out the same procedure for the “Mouse Look Y”. This time you have to move your head up and down and TrackIR will be recognized and make the entry in blue and this should read “Track IR Y”.
10) You should now have TrackIR in Enhanced Mode in both the foot soldier along with the aircraft and vehicles. When as a foot soldier you have to initially press “N” to activate TrackIR.
11) This works great, the only problem I have is trying to stay alive. If anyone has any problems please let me know.

[ June 03, 2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Wayne ]
siruotoko

Post by siruotoko »

Thank you Wayne, your post will helps alot of beginners.

btw, I think you know that what I and Hotdognz saying is not coming from issue of setup instruction, we are having it properlly configured, and saying about its feeling a bit 'laggy' on control views with TrackIR(same on mouse) in WW2OL
I think there's around 30-50ms delay on view panning in the vehicle ( a lot more on infantry ), its very tiny and hard to feel but difinitely exist, and its not Naturalpoints failure but the WW2OL's impliments, you can feel the difference if you compare it with IL-2:FB.

Please consider about it , to ignit the full-capacity of TIR2/3 on the WWIIOL.

[ June 03, 2004, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Kafuji ]
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Kafuji,

Thanks for the explanation.
I have not been able to duplicate this delay as yet on my home system.

Do you have the same effect if you run the game off-line? Or does this happen in on-line gaming only?

I will talk to the beta testers over at Playnet tomorrow and see if they have had any reports there.

I will keep you updated with what I find out.