Default Windows HID drivers?

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
xngbobby

Default Windows HID drivers?

Post by xngbobby »

What's up! I have been a long time SmartNAV user and I have been getting questions about SmartNAV and game compatibilities. I play mainly Steam based games such as CSS, HL/HL2, L4D/L4D2 etc..... SmartNAV runs PERFECTLY with these games! I'm guessing it's because they run on the hl engine which seems to communicate with the SmartNAV just fine. Games such as World of Warcraft, Battlefield etc don't communicate well at all! I also have a Tracker One from Madentec that works great with any game that I've ever tried to play. There are no special drivers to install and it loads up with Windows so you can even use it at login. The question that I want to know is there a way to use the default HID drivers with SmartNAV the way the Tracker One seems to be doing? And then have an app where you can fine tune SmartNAV if you wish?
dkehler

Re: Default Windows HID drivers?

Post by dkehler »

Yes, I second this request.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is something we are looking at, for further development.
GregH

Post by GregH »

Any update?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello GregH,

I am still pushing this through, and we are still looking into it. There are no other announcements further than that.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager