Pro vs. Stock?

harris5

Pro vs. Stock?

Post by harris5 »

Is the pro model really worth the extra money? Does it make a noticible difference in how trackIR performs? I know that not many people will be able to give me a really good answer (how many people buy two different kinds?) but is anyone the least bit unhappy with the normal kind?

In making your statement, know that money is a slight issue. Being a highschool student sucks in that I can often buy most things, but I have to wait for a while. I've got the moolah to get the normal version right now, but I'd have to wait for a couple of weeks for the pro.

NOTE: i know trackIR is uber, you don't need to tell me, I've already decided to buy it.
Wayne

Re: Pro vs. Stock?

Post by Wayne »

harris5,

I will try to answer your question for you.
If you can afford the Pro then that would be the one to go for.

Why ....because its the fastest, the same reason why you have to have the fastest computer that you can afford at the time.

However if money is tight, you wouldnt be dissapointed with the basic model. To put it another way having a TrackIR is better than no TrackIR.

I am hoping that someone who has bought a basic may care to share their thoughts, other than myself.

You have to choose if you are prepared to wait.
Eilif

Post by Eilif »

im in the same boat, im totaly sold on track ir, but my wallet isnt as full as i would like it to be. im going to do a little more reasurch before it set down the money, it seems the only difference is the fps performance, pro is 120 and the stock one is 80, i play aces high, and the max fps i get in the game is 75, so im thinking the stock one will be fine for me. tho im not exactly sure what fps would have to do with a head tracking system, its similare to a mouse i guess, and my mouse has never had any problems with scrollings around the screen.

bascily my question is, if i am only getting 75 fps in my game, which i think is pleny since the human eye only notices it when it gets below 25. is this coordinated with how many fps the track ir performs at? or is track ir fps different then game fps?

all in all it looks like the hat and padlock view systems are very much out dated by track ir if it is half as good as it sounds, and i hear it has side to side movement for aces high!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Eilif,

Your game FPS is different than TrackIRs FPS.

If you can imagine that TrackIR would be able to refresh at 120 FPS this means that during that second the movement has been refreshed/updated 120 times. If your game is running at 75 FPS then that is the update of the game on your screen within a given second.

I hope that this helps to answer your question.
Eilif

Post by Eilif »

ah ok so it has to do with the relationship bettween head movement and how track ir picks it up and transilates it into movement on screen, gotcha.

just ordered track ir 3, looking forward to it.