New Camera SDK 1.0 Final now available

Birch

New Camera SDK 1.0 Final now available

Post by Birch »

* Update : The Camera SDK 1.0 Final is now available, see change list below for details.

NaturalPoint is pleased to announce the first beta release of our new Camera SDK. This C++ based SDK will be replacing the existing OptiTrack 2D COM SDK. It provides better ease of use, more powerful camera control and numerous other improvements. We invite you to try it and share your feedback with us.

Download the Camera SDK 1.0 Final installer :
http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... .Final.exe

Product Page :
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/p ... amera-sdk/

Changes :
Camera SDK 1.0 Final :
* Install TrackIR and SmartNav drivers when TrackIR and SmartNav software not installed

Camera SDK 1.0 Beta 2 :
* Fixed skipped Frame IDs with the S250e camera
Last edited by Birch on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Update for Final
suhl79

Re: New Camera SDK 1.0 beta 1 now available

Post by suhl79 »

I'm very pleased to see this new SDK. It seems to be much easier to use than the previous version. I'm also glad to see auto AGC and AEC. That's just what I was looking for. I suppose these functions do some real time adjustments to threshold and exposure values. It would be nice to see how they changes when overlay text is on.

Good job!
Konrad
Birch

Post by Birch »

The AEC and AGC features operate inside the imager without PC intervention/control. AEC only adjusts exposure, AGC only adjusts gain. Neither adjust the threshold. When AEC/AGC are turned back off then gain and exposure should revert to their previous settings.
suhl79

Post by suhl79 »

Are there any plans for porting this SDK to .NET after passing beta tests? I realy like this new functionality in Camera SDK, but I don't know if I should port my apps to native c++, or maybe should wait a little.
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

I don't think porting the application is the what you would want to do unless it's something simple.

A better approach would be to create a C/C++ CLI wrapper for the Camera SDK. Hopefully a good wrapper will come from the community or NaturalPoint in time.
Pjotr

Post by Pjotr »

I saw that in this SDK there are methods to setting the blocking mask. But there is no documentation on how to use them.

My assumption is that the blocking mask is just a boolean grid and that the height and width of BlockingMaskHeight() and BlockingMaskWidth(). Then most methods speak for themselves but I have a question for these:

-For Get/SetBlockingMask why do the functions need a buffersize parameter. Isn't the buffersize just heighth*width, what will the functions do if the buffer is smaller or bigger?
-What are the methods BlockingGrid and UpdateBlockingMask for?
-Is the blocking mask always the same size as the resolution of the camera? Or can it be less or more?
Pjotr

Post by Pjotr »

Another question. In the docs I read this:

Code: Select all

Here we'll assume the image is 640x480, but a better approach would be to
check the pixel Width() and Height() of the camera.

char imageBuffer[640*480];

Now, tell the frame to raster the image into the buffer.

frame->Rasterize(640,480,640,8,imageBuffer);
Why is imageBuffer a char array and not an unsigned char array?
beckdo

Post by beckdo »

You can certainly define an image buffer using an unsigned char array as well. It would work either way. If you're doing some value comparisons on that actual data you would likely want to use unsigned chars just to keep from having any issues.
zzzamarron

Re: New Camera SDK 1.0 beta 2 now available

Post by zzzamarron »

Can i use this new camera sdk for trackir camera??
Birch

Re: New Camera SDK 1.0 beta 2 now available

Post by Birch »

[quote=malboro]Can i use this new camera sdk for trackir camera?? [/quote]

Yes, the Camera SDK can utilize TrackIR cameras.