Games compatibility question

InvisibleSurfer

Games compatibility question

Post by InvisibleSurfer »

Hi all,

I discovered TrackIR yesterday, while searching for a (cheap) flight yoke. Anyways, what this thing does is mindblowing.

My question is, do games that are supported by the device come with built-in support, or is it that TrackIR "talks" to the game via its own drivers/software? For eg, is Doom3 likely to work with TrackIR 3 (by actually changing the point of view only and not changing the character's direction, if there's such a thing as freeview in D3 ofcourse) ??

=== Edit ===

Another thing! Say in IL2, if the user is in full view mode (ie, no-instruments view) does TrackIR work in the same way (as seen in the video clips at the product's page) or turning the head causes the airplane only to change direction whithout changing the field of view?

Thanks!

[ August 01, 2004, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: InvisibleSurfer ]
InvisibleSurfer

Re: Games compatibility question

Post by InvisibleSurfer »

Oh dear, everybody's on vacation....
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

InvisibleSurfer,

Oh dear, everybody's on vacation.... "I wish".

But we get an occassional day off sometimes.

Okay to your questions...

"My question is, do games that are supported by the device come with built-in support, or is it that TrackIR "talks" to the game via its own drivers/software?"

Yes, when TrackIR runs with a game/sim that is Enhanced Supported, then this is communication directly between the game and TrackIR.

Doom 3 at this time would not allow this function, however you would be able to use either Relative Mode or one of the third party programs to allow this game to be played.

Turning your head in IL2 will not cause the plane to to turn.

I hope this helps.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

IS:

Using the third party trackmapper.... any game that has keyboard inputs can be used by the TrackIR.

It is very cool.
jfarthrough

Post by jfarthrough »

What about Pacific Fighters by Ubi Soft. It mentions IL2... does that mean that it is enhanced for Trackir?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Jattt

Pacific Fighters will be a stand alone , and an add-on for IL2 FB.

Yes ...TrackIR will be supported.