Extreme Visual Noise in TrackIR 5

lambda09a

Re: Extreme Visual Noise in TrackIR 5

Post by lambda09a »

Will do, thanks
Doomer

Post by Doomer »

I purchased TrackIR 5 little over a month ago and been thinking it must have been about the worst purchases I've ever made.

I was about to come here complaining about it and then stumbled to this thread. I have exactly the same issues as everyone else, red dots, lines, even the FOV being narrower and offset to the right.

Guess my unit was faulty straight from the box. And it looks like it's a widespread issue?
Nanook

Post by Nanook »

Vincent, is this a batch of faulty units as it seems to be happening a more frequently.

Unfortunately for me, I purchased mine overseas. I've already had to return one unit at great expense for postage. I'd hate to think that I might have to do it again (I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive as I type this).

Whilst I understand that's the risk you take when buying overseas, it still will come to a point where it's not viable to keep sending faulty units back.
Raggz

Post by Raggz »

Mine started when i fired up the TIR4 Beta 01. Could be a coinsidence though...
lambda09a

Post by lambda09a »

My Supplier has been extremely helpful and understanding and I have a new unit on the way. Lets hope this one manages to behave.
Lokki

Post by Lokki »

Now I updated to latest version 5 beta and managed to restart the software several times in row without any problems.
Raggz

Post by Raggz »

[quote=Lokki]Now I updated to latest version 5 beta and managed to restart the software several times in row without any problems. [/quote]
So i might have returned my TIR 5 to the retailer for nothing and i probably won't get a new one before christmas... nice!!!

You still have no problems?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Please see the following thread for discussion on this hardware failure issue:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post45301
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack