TrackIR software 5.1 Final now available - Updated

Congo_Toey

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 1 now available

Post by Congo_Toey »

Hi Seth,
I know you must get annoyed with everyone asking about the 64bit Version that will work with the DCS series. As a software engineer myself I know it take time to do these things and there are also internal business priorities that guide the teams work.

However as I have my DCS A10C on hold at the moment until you guys do release the 64bit version, due to the fact that it is not good to install and uninstall software on a windows PC, and therefore I do not want to install the 32bit version, What I would like to know is a rough time frame for when you think the 64bit version will be ready for first release?

I know that is is possible to give an estimated release date, because like I said I am a software engineer.
Birch

Post by Birch »

We hope to have support in beta soon. Thats as specific as we can be at the moment. ;)

In addition to us, Eagle Dynamics will need to release a patch enabling TrackIR in the 64 bit build of DCS. We provided an updated SDK to them recently.

I believe it is possible to install the 32 and 64 bit versions of DCS alongside each other, so our recommendation would be to install both and then apply the patch when they release it.
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

In an earlier post I said...
"Also, changing a Profile seems to make no difference either. I have made some pretty big changes to the profile but see no difference when I look around. It did make a big differencre on ver 4 software."

I re-checked this and changing a Profile does seem to be working after all; only not as extreme as previously experienced with v4 software. I made some very extreme changes to the curves and I could see it change with my head turn.

Doc
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

When will the next beta be available?

Doc
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Doc,

We don't have a date available for the next beta. As soon as possible, as we're very keen to get 64-bit support rolled in.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

Hi;

On a previous post I said...
"The Precision mode seems to do nothing, at least I can tell no difference with it on or off. It did make a big difference with ver 4 software."

Well... It is working. 5.1 clean install has Presion Mode set to 100 which does nothing; I changed it to 200 and now I can see the smoothing effect very clearly.

Doc
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

Sorry, wrong posting.

Thanks;
Doc
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

MAJOR PROBLEM...

Panel and HeadsUp View (center icon) keeps loosing the HeadsUp portion. It looks identical to Panel View.

I re-install 5.1.100 and it is normal for awhile than all of a sudden the HeadsUp portion is missing again.

This has happened three time so far.

Doc
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=DocLotus]5.1 clean install has Presion Mode set to 100 which does nothing; I changed it to 200 and now I can see the smoothing effect very clearly.[/quote]
What's your smoothing setting normally at?

It's likely that your normal smoothing level is high enough that a jump to 100 isn't appreciably distinct, which might make it feel like it's not working. If bumping it up to 200 makes it noticeable, I expect the issue is just that 100 isn't a high enough jump up for you to notice (not necessarily a bad thing, as ideally precision mode shouldn't be too dramatic of a change, in my opinion).

In testing here, I can notice a distinct difference once I pop into precision mode (set at 100), but my normal smoothing level is around 8-10, as I'm using TrackIR 5 hardware (which requires minimal smoothing).
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=DocLotus]MAJOR PROBLEM...

Panel and HeadsUp View (center icon) keeps loosing the HeadsUp portion. It looks identical to Panel View.

I re-install 5.1.100 and it is normal for awhile than all of a sudden the HeadsUp portion is missing again.

This has happened three time so far.

Doc
[/quote]
We will try to reproduce this internally. Thanks for the feedback. Is this happening with any consistent triggers? (E.g. only during gameplay, when a game is first loading, when the TrackIR software first detects your head movement, etc.)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack