TrackIR software 5.1 Final now available - Updated

reilar

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 1 now available

Post by reilar »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Are you runing both the IR software, and the gaming application as an admin?

Are you only seeing this issue with the latest TrackIR beta application? [/quote]

Yes, I'm running both DCS A-10C and TrackIR as admin.
Yes, this is a new behaviour to the latest TrackIR 5.1 beta01 which I wasn't aware of in the earlier version.

It is easy to verify that it is the TrackIR app that is causing this behaviour because if I refrain from starting TrackIR and fly DCS A-10C without it, the F7 key has the expected behaviour in the sim. And as I mentioned in my earlier post I have found a workaround by manually editing the default.xml profile.
lepro

Post by lepro »

I tried the beta TrackIR 5.1 beta 2 but when i launch the software normally or as admin the device is not detected.

there is a solution to work it ?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=lepro]I tried the beta TrackIR 5.1 beta 2 but when i launch the software normally or as admin the device is not detected.

there is a solution to work it ?[/quote]

Your trackIR camera is not detected on the system?

Have you tried moving USB ports, and reinstalling the drivers?

Is the TrackIR detected in the system device manager?
(If so, which driver version is being used? This can be determined by right-clicking on the device to open the properties panel)

Which previous software version are you upgrading from?
hma

Re: TrackIR software 5.1 beta 2 now available - Updated

Post by hma »

Thanks for the update.

The camera was not recognized after the installation. I found an other topic to help me with that: I had to update the drivers.

But, there is still no means to switch of the IR LED's, once you have touched the slider. I had to edit the settings.xml file to get them off.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas everyone!

Hugo
lepro

Post by lepro »

well i reinstalling the drivers and unplug the TrackIR into a USB port on the computer and now is he detected and the version used is 2.50.0.0 when i installing the driver plug the trackir into a USB the driver stay at 2.41.0.0

in the changelog i see "Added support for 64-bit TrackIR Enhanced games " i have try with DSC A-10C 64 bit but this doesn't work in game it's a bug or is planned in the next beta or in final patch ?
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

I've had a dig around but can't find any information on the function of 'Profile'+ F8. This appeared with 5.1 beta 2. The only difference I can see is F8 added to the profile name.
i.e
Profile: Seth-Flight(F8)
(yep, still using it after all these years with TIR4 and now TIR5+TCP)

A little light shed on it's function would be helpful. Thanks.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=lepro]well i reinstalling the drivers and unplug the TrackIR into a USB port on the computer and now is he detected and the version used is 2.50.0.0 when i installing the driver plug the trackir into a USB the driver stay at 2.41.0.0

in the changelog i see "Added support for 64-bit TrackIR Enhanced games " i have try with DSC A-10C 64 bit but this doesn't work in game it's a bug or is planned in the next beta or in final patch ?[/quote]
In order for you to use TrackIR in the 64-bit version of A10, you will need to use the version of A10 that supports the new TrackIR SDK. I don't believe that Eagle Dynamics has released this to the public yet.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=Doorman]I've had a dig around but can't find any information on the function of 'Profile'+ F8. This appeared with 5.1 beta 2. The only difference I can see is F8 added to the profile name.
i.e
Profile: Seth-Flight(F8)
(yep, still using it after all these years with TIR4 and now TIR5+TCP)

A little light shed on it's function would be helpful. Thanks.

[/quote]
We haven't updated the manual to explain this feature yet, but that will come in time. Basically it's a mechanism to switch profiles in-game. Some users have requested the ability to use multiple profiles, depending on what they're doing in the game. This gives you the ability to map a hotkey to a specific profile, so when pressed, the TrackIR software will activate it without needing to alt+tab out of your game. If this isn't a feature that you need, you can ignore that particular hotkey.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
richardleduc

Post by richardleduc »

I've uninstall Version Version 4.1.037 - Final B
Install this latest 5 beta 2, since I want the 64bit compatibility for DCS-A10., However it will not detect my TrackIr 3 with Vector? The light does not come on... Any solution? I tried the NPRegFix.exe from a previous thread, however again, that fix indicates I have no device installed...

Maybe if I had the INF file I can manualy update from the device manager, but I don't...

Windows 7 64bit, Asus P5K, Nvidia eVGA 280GTX/OC, 4Gig Ram

Thanks
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth]
We haven't updated the manual to explain this feature yet, but that will come in time. Basically it's a mechanism to switch profiles in-game. Some users have requested the ability to use multiple profiles, depending on what they're doing in the game. This gives you the ability to map a hotkey to a specific profile, so when pressed, the TrackIR software will activate it without needing to alt+tab out of your game. If this isn't a feature that you need, you can ignore that particular hotkey. [/quote]
I figured it would be something like that but as a menu or anything didn't pop up I was a bit puzzled. As you say, I have no need of it so...
Merry Christmas