Cordless ?

RacerAlex

Re: Cordless ?

Post by RacerAlex »

I just wanted to speak up in support of a wireless version. I'll be honest and go on the record saying the USB cable is the only thing stopping me from using the LED TrackClip. I have a wireless headset and I just can't see adding a wired connection into my sim-racing set-up as it stands.

So I love the idea and I'll buy two as soon as they become available!
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

We're a ways away from announcing anything. But, we are planning on tackling this.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
molleh

Post by molleh »

Really can't wait for this! I hope you guys can get something ready before too long. Like RacerAlex said, if you have a wireless headset already, a wireless TrackClip would make simming a lot more fun and immersive.
brigstock

Post by brigstock »

[quote=Morphine][quote=Morphine]I recently purchased a wireless Logitech headset so I'm also interested in a wireless clip. I'm going to try using one if the Duracell USB chargers (http://www.duracell.com/en-US/product/i ... arger.jspx)so at least I'm unwired from my computer. [/quote]

Unfortunately, this solution didn't work as the Duracell kept shutting itself down. I guess the TC doesn't draw enough juice to make the Duracell think it is charging something.[/quote]

I use one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-Instan ... 902&sr=8-3
It's the smaller brother to the one you linked
It has an on/off switch so doesn't switch off and has worked well so far.

Totally wireless now :)
SirBenn21

Post by SirBenn21 »

My vote is also for wireless.

I got mine, used it for a few weeks and then chucked it into the cupbord and have never used it again (2 years ago). Sad really because it works really well, just the wire drove me crazy.

If you decide to make one. Please make it compatible with all versions if that is possible.

Ben
brigstock

Post by brigstock »

Slight bump on this one, wondering if wireless track clips is still on the TiR map of the future
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

It's on the map. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MaddHatter

Post by MaddHatter »

wow, this would be amazing, i'm all over this. need any product testers? ;)
Stanger

Post by Stanger »

Yes waiting for this one too. I hope it will be sturdier than the present proclip.
jjohnson241

Post by jjohnson241 »

I'm using a small powered USB hub as a "power supply" for the Track Clip. Works better than the USB chargers mentioned in this thread because "recharging" concerns are eliminated. The hub is positioned so that the wire from the Track Clip hangs straight down and doesn't create the "tether to the computer" feel.
It's ok but wireless is definitely the way to go.