Edit center of rotation

supersonic

Edit center of rotation

Post by supersonic »

Hi,
I'm usin TrackIR (4, with Trackcap & VectorClip, SoftwareV. 4.1) for quite a while and it works okay. There's just one issue that bothers me:
Whenever I try to use just one axis at least one other also slightly deflects from the center.
(e.g. I turn my head left/right and also get a zoom (@Arma2OA) effect on z-axis; same if I just nod)
Of course I tried to suppress the effect with deadzones and moving my head unnaturally, but that's not really satisfying.
I think the simplest way would be just to edit the center of rotation the software uses, to 'calibrate' the movement properly to my dome. IMHO that would be quite an increas of precision!

Unfortunately I can't find such an option in the program...

Now I'd like to know if there's another solution, and of course hints of other users to handle this particular problem would be much appreciated!!

THX anyway
-----

hope my 'german english' was not too confusing ;)

edit:
oops, could've posted that in general TrackIRsupport...
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Edit center of rotation

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello, Supersonic -

Out of curiosity, have you tried using the 5.x series of TrackIR software? Also, if you disable TrueView, does the behavior stop?

Thanks -
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Hi,
Thanks, that TrueView option reduced the effect.
I've also tried the 5.x series, but the problem still occures. I didn't had the time to test the new sw in detail, but until I find the time I'll stay with 4.x, because 5.x kind of messes with the G-Keys of my G15 keyboard.

Still happy for your advice!

regards
supersonic
NaturalPoint - Mike

Out of curiosity, how does the 5.x mess with the g15? I have a g15 myself and have yet to see a conflict.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I use the G-Keys for center, pause and precision. Therefore I put the key sequences crtl-shift-F12 -/F9 -/F7 onto the keys.
With 4.x it works brilliant, but on 5.x I often have to press the G-Key twice or even more often, to cause the desired action. The toggle or trap option doesn't change that behaviour.

I already thought this was a specific problem of my machine, and since there's Windows running a fresh OS install would probably fix it :D :grin: . But that's not worth it, and I'll do some troubleshooting maybe some other time. (More likely I'll do some shooting in Arma with v4 :crazy:)

greetings
supersonic
NaturalPoint - Mike

Interesting, I'll have to see if I can reproduce this. Often times I've found that compound keys in macro pads (g15, nostromo speedpad, et. cetera) can sometimes malfunction.