Direct input for joystick buttons

sobe

Direct input for joystick buttons

Post by sobe »

Hello Vincent

I have a Tracker 4 and just updated to software version 5. In software version 4 I had joystick buttons programed directly to do the center and pause. I would generally have to first hit the refresh button were the you input a key and then press the appropriate joystick. When I tried to do this with the new software, there was no refresh button and when I pressed the joystick 12 for example, nothing showed up for pause.

Otherwise everything seems to be working ok although the interface for version 5 is going to take some getting use to. For example, the manual refers to a deadzone profile but I couldn't locate it in the drop down menu. Oh well.

Thanks
sobe
Seth Steiling

Re: Direct input for joystick buttons

Post by Seth Steiling »

I'll let Vincent address your hotkey question, but just a quick note on your deadzone question: the manual actually refers to a deadzone "template," not "profile." Templates can be found in a drop-down on the top of the graph editor.

Profiles are collections of settings, which can include motion curves. Templates are pre-configured motion curves, which you can apply to your graph while editing any of the six axes. So, think of Templates as tools you can use when editing your Profiles. Templates are also useful for reproducing custom made motion curves. So, for instance, if you create a curve for your Yaw axis that just feels perfect, and you want to copy that feel to other profiles, you can just create a template out of it. Then, that curve will be stored for use in any other profile you use.

If you're looking for a profile that matches the feel of the Deadzone Template, the Default profile actually matches it very closely.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sobe -

Are you running any joystick software on the system?

What joystick setup are you running?
sobe

Post by sobe »

Yes. I am running the CH manager for CH products. As I said above, using tracker 4 software, I would load the ch software up, change the joystick button that i wanted to use to Direct x and hit the refresh button in the TIR software then hit the joystick button that I wanted assigned to TIR and it worked.

However, for the TIR 5 software, I cannot seem to do that as I cannot locate the refresh button.
thanks.
sobe

Post by sobe »

Vincent any thoughts?