New beta runs terribly

konkussion

New beta runs terribly

Post by konkussion »

awful. Slow, unresponsive jerky movements in UI.. Whether running as admin or not.

vista home 64bit..

Hope you all have some serious improvements in the final..

Rebooted. Unplugged & replugged.. Slightly better tracking in UI but still obviously handicapped. Made new profile in new version..
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: New beta runs terribly

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Out of curiosity, what video card are you using?
konkussion

Post by konkussion »

2x ATi 4890's in crossfire.
konkussion

Post by konkussion »

OK I *seem* to have corrected it. Read about this on DCS forum..

Track plugged in- device manager- delete driver..

unplugged- uninstalled.

rebooted, then reinstalled beta 5.3 and plugged back in.

Tracking smooth in the UI- not flickering like mad.. Seems OK now.
hhiiffii

Post by hhiiffii »

I originally had TrackIR 5 with a TrackClip Pro running on XP 32 SP3 using 5.0 and it worked perfectly from day one (camera is not a serial # affected by problem). I just upgraded to Win 7 64,Intel i7 950, Dual Radeon HD 6870's X-fired and 3 monitors eyefinity connected at 5760X1200. It took me 5 tries at installing/uninstalling TrackIR. 4.1.038 and 5.0 Final B wouldn't recognize the camera most times and when they did, the head movement was totally eratic. 5.1 Beta 03 installed and recognized camera. Head movement seems comparable to what I was used to in XP. The only thing I notice is the Hud is always on and you cannot turn it off (I think I saw that reported already). I really liked this product when I had XP and I hope I continue to like it with Win 7.
konkussion

Post by konkussion »

Yeah- Mike & co.- I'm not a certified tech- so pardon my unqualified opinion here- but it would seem that the uninstall procedure is not cleaning off older drivers completely or something to that effect. I think the date of the driver showing in device manager (prior to deletion) was November 2009. Now that date might come from NP, and it might be the date I installed it originally. No idea.

Nevertheless- that process worked for me.
konkussion

Post by konkussion »

Nevermind. I'm right back to square one. Track isn't working worth a damn. It's also interfering with Teamspeak for example- Often when they are both running and in use- the first symptom is my sound starts to garble and skip, then the track starts getting choppy, lights are flashing...

turn off track- sound goes back to normal.

And when I turn it back on-the software takes forever to even detect it- sound goes bad..

I'm starting to get pissed off now.
CoffinDancer

Post by CoffinDancer »

i hope this gets sorted out soon... :-(

i've had more problems with Win7 Pro with hardware, including
2 reasonable expensive sound cards - Razer's Barracuda and most recently a Creative SB X-Fi - and couldn't get either one working.

Creative installed properly, then i ran the auto-updater.
it found and recognized the card, installed it's OWN software including it's own Dolby Live & digital encoder pack.

then i try to run their Console Launcher, and then i'm informed
that "there are no supported audio device available".

i'll try their diagnostics but i'm not very positive about the results.

unfortunately i don't have much hope for a track ir getting installed and working properly, much less dealing with the reported problems with version 5 and Winblows.. :-(
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Coffindancer - What type of issues are you experiencing with sound and your TrackIR? Also, what version TrackIR software are you using?